Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

9 hours ago, captainmuscles said:

Nothing that I remember. I think he said he was friends with a band and got to meet Jarvis a few times because of it. Maybe he was a roadie? For all I know he's just full of shit, lol.

Lol

Did he say what he was like? And was this early or late 80s? Wondering if this was around the whole legendary thing with Jarvis falling out the window trying to impress a girl or something. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, bamber said:

Again.

bey.jpg

Hello bamber,

I had to look up that photo, and found it in The Daily Hate. I'm still none the wiser though, but suspect that is because I have only a scintilla of knowledge on modern music. Or any music, for that matter.

I thought you were referring to the people who attend the Bilderberg Meetings, for some reason.

Hope that you are well.:)

On 2/21/2019 at 3:34 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I had to look up that photo, and found it in The Daily Hate. I'm still none the wiser though, but suspect that is because I have only a scintilla of knowledge on modern music. Or any music, for that matter.

I thought you were referring to the people who attend the Bilderberg Meetings, for some reason.

Hope that you are well.:)

It is an odd juxtaposition. Two of the world's most successful musicians and an imagined queen (you'd have to imagine several people carking it for that to actually happen). It has a plain poignancy though,

american-gothic-1930_u-l-pgiohp0.jpg

gothic1001-760x600.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If jarvis brings his dance floor meditation thing to Glastonbury it's well worth going to. He did it at primavera a year or two ago. I saw it in a small working men's club in Belfast (where David Holmes had his club night) and it was great. Jarvis also entertained the OAPs in the small room of the working men's club by calling the numbers for their bingo game! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GWR said:

If jarvis brings his dance floor meditation thing to Glastonbury it's well worth going to. He did it at primavera a year or two ago. I saw it in a small working men's club in Belfast (where David Holmes had his club night) and it was great. Jarvis also entertained the OAPs in the small room of the working men's club by calling the numbers for their bingo game! 

This is him actually doing a concert with his new band Jarv Is. Which have been doing shows on and off for the past year and a half. The new stuff is pretty good. He's still DJing, too. But havent heard of any plans for him to do so at Glasto this year, though. 

About the bingo thing..yeah. Haha. There were clips online of that. Was priceless comedy. His quips and all. 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:27 AM, Bananaslug said:

If so..what's he like and any cool stories? And is anyone else here a pulp fan?

I went to see Kate Bush at the Apollo and ended up having a piss next to him (in the urinals). Seemed like a nice bloke, bigger than I thought he would be, sorry make that taller than I thought he would be. Bill Bailey was there as well. I didn’t shake their hands, or anything else.