Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have just looked up the definition of 'timbre'. I wasn't aware of it's meaning in that context before. I had always only known it to describe a type of character. I should imagine that timbre equates to heart and soul. I don't mean 'heart and soul' in terms of gusto. It means that the operators of voice boxes are able to add to their voice. 

The above said, there's that element of je ne sais quoi which will never reveal its secrets to human scrutiny.

Now I'm going to take a fucking liberty and post this. it's the passion that get me with this one.

Oh I do love the Proclaimers, that fundamental quality given to a pair of voices by their overtones.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, sameimpala said:

I was in Sheffield visiting a uni friend and we were all joking like 'what if we meet alex turner or jarvis lol' and then we got off a train, walked to a pub near my friends accommodation and jarvis was literally stood outside the pub taking a photo of some art of himself on the side of it. 

DD83A8F8-7275-4E11-A362-C9B8EC81E132.jpeg

I have never met Jarvis Cocker, but this seems like a Sheffield equivalent to the time me and a couple of friends met Mani from the Stone Roses literally 90 seconds after leaving Manchester Piccadilly

• Upvote 1

I have not, however, I did encounter the Dad from cult noughties children’s tv show My Parents Are Aliens, aka Tony Gardner, outside the Millennium Stadium, as it was then known, before a Rugby World Cup game in 2015. 

Here’s a pic. 

0B94EBB6-F431-4AF1-9E40-38D6E6F3D494.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:19 PM, Hugh Jass said:

There’s an eFests version of Godwin’s Law at play here…

If a thread goes on long enough eventually Bamber will post a Jessie J video.

Fair enough. I do do that.

Probably the most noteworthy famous persons I've met were the Dreem Team... DJ Spoony, Mikee B, and Timmi Magic.

Very Big in Ayia Napa around the turn of the Century.

I was there, 21 years ago - Ayia Napa 23/7/2000.

Does not seem like that long ago TBH.

Edited by bamber

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to see Kate Bush at Hammersmith back in 2016(?) and needed a piss as you do. So there I was streaming away when this very tall bloke stands next to me and starts and it was him. Bill Bailey was also there, I think  he might have used mine once I’d finished.

3 hours ago, angelin said:

What stage do you think he will play on? I saw him play the Roundhouse recently and he was great. I couldnt help but secretly want him to do a couple of well known hits. He might do for Glasto.

They did at Bluedot. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jarv-is/2019/jodrell-bank-macclesfield-england-339e2c65.html

What stage do you think he will play on? I saw him play the Roundhouse recently and he was great. I couldnt help but secretly want him to do a couple of well known hits. He might do for Glasto.

just two though and not really ones to get the crowd going. I think if hes televised he will. Do you reckon he will headline?

Yeah I was at that Blue Dot set and I’m not even sure the crowd realised they were Pulp songs. His n Hers was great though. Running the World was really funny because it was probably the one song everyone knew but it’s very much a family festival so everyone was singing along rather sheepishly. 

I’d be shocked if he’s anywhere other than the Park. Was on the playlist last time and theres no reason to move him. Reckon he’ll be third, maybe fourth, from top. 

Many years ago, we were at a midnight show in Glasgow seeing Throwing Muses, can’t remember what was on in Glasgow it might have been Mayfest. Anyway Pulp had been playing earlier in another venue, we had missed out on tickets. Went to the bar to order drinks, turned round and there was Jarvis ordering a round, he looked absolutely pished! Got my drinks he got his we nodded to each other and he stumbled off. Not exactly met him but a very brief encounter.

Not a ‘meet’ for me as such, but my wife did once unintentionally (and v briefly) plant her face into his belly -  whilst we were on our way up to the Park.

I’d seen him in the crowd a few seconds earlier, called the wife to get her attention - she stopped in her tracks (he didn’t) and spun round to me only to then get a face full of a traveling Cocker torso.

Edited by dogeggs

• 3 months later...

Bumped into Jarvis chest to chest in a railway track gridlock in 2010. I said hello coyley and he did the same. He smelt beautiful, I expected a bit musty. Saw him later by chance DJing in the Rabbit Hole. He played B52s Dance This Mess Around and the record kept skipping. I was trying to dance 'the Pony' to it in hiking boots

On 7/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, blutarsky said:

I have not, however, I did encounter the Dad from cult noughties children’s tv show My Parents Are Aliens, aka Tony Gardner, outside the Millennium Stadium, as it was then known, before a Rugby World Cup game in 2015. 

Here’s a pic. 

He got a toilet roll from our lock up at this year's festival. Genuine highlight of the shift!

On 7/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, blutarsky said:

Here’s a pic. 

Saw this dude at Glasto 2017 at Liam Gallagher. He barged past me and my group, glitter all over his face, painted nails and singing every drunken word to Rock'n'Roll Star as LG came on.... 

• 4 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, BumJuice said:

Bumped into Jarvis chest to chest in a railway track gridlock in 2010. I said hello coyley and he did the same. He smelt beautiful, I expected a bit musty. Saw him later by chance DJing in the Rabbit Hole. He played B52s Dance This Mess Around and the record kept skipping. I was trying to dance 'the Pony' to it in hiking boots

He played that on his Domestic Disco Instagram live show during Lockdown.