Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't actually met 'the' Jarvis Cocker, but did get the ride with a Jarvis Cocker lookalike, up the back of a curry house once.

Does that count?

Not unless he was an official lookalike, and not just a wiry bloke with messy hair and specs.

So many questions.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Not unless he was an official lookalike, and not just a wiry bloke with messy hair and specs.

So many questions.

I bet one of the questions on everybody's mind is ' Did he really do that'? I'm afraid that the answer is 'no'. It was just another one of my flights of fancy, having recently had a good drink and a beautiful smoke.

We run an Airbnb and it was last nights guests who produced the smoke. Very nice it was too.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 5:39 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I bet one of the questions on everybody's mind is ' Did he really do that'? I'm afraid that the answer is 'no'. It was just another one of my flights of fancy, having recently had a good drink and a beautiful smoke.

We run an Airbnb and it was last nights guests who produced the smoke. Very nice it was too.

Lol!!! You guys are funny. 

2 hours ago, Bananaslug said:

Lol!!! You guys are funny. 

Hello Bananaslug,

I'd forgotten all about this thread. It's odd (in a way) because at the weekend just gone we had someone stay in our Airbnb log cabin and he also produced some mighty fine smoke too. I didn't think to come onto this site with another flight of fancy though. very remiss of me.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

So, serious question - are they ever gonna reform or is it a guaranteed no?

I suppose never say never but it would be in the unlikely category. I think Candida's arthritis is quite bad so couldn't see her wanting to tour. 

Oh, by the way - I have actually met Dave Gorman, if that's of any use to anyone. I had just come out of a 'comedy' show at my first and only time at the Edinburgh Fringe. I had come out of the 'comedy' show way before it was intended for it to finish. Whilst inside watching the first few minutes i declared to my then girlfriend that I was leaving the place, and that I could stand it no longer etc. She knew it was shite too, so didn't really complain about leaving. so we were outside, smoking fags and drinking wine that she had in her bag. then Dave Gorman walks past. And this is no joke (even though it is, really) we locked eyes and then we nodded at each other, in a knowing way. 

The problem there was that Dave Gorman nodded waaay too early. I mean in time units it was probably a fraction of one second before me. However, he did do dat 

I owned Gave Gorman in that moment. You may not have heard from him in years. that's because he's still got a role to play as a gimp in me and my wife's cellar.

That last paragraph. It's not actually true. I have no idea of the whereabouts of Dave Gorman. And he certainly isn't in my cellar. The reason for that is that my house doesn't have one. Well that and the fact that I'd say he'd have objections to living in a cellar as a gimp. And I would take those objections on board and say to Dave 'Dave, it's alright, you don't have to be a gimp in my non existent cellar'. And he'd be all cool about it.

And then what would happen and I'd blow it by nodding at him a fraction of one second before he nodded at me. The bastard would have me in the bag. He'd say 'You are going to be a gimp in my cellar'. And then I'd say 'But I don't want to be a gimp in your cellar', thinking he'd run along the same lines as I would. only he wouldn't. He'd tell me to get in the cellar before he gives me a good kicking. 

And so, that's where I am now. I'm in Dave Gorman's cellar dressed as a gimp. I guess he treats me OK. i get fed. He doesn't hurt me that often, and he has very thoughtfully installed a toilet with a Saniflo Up toilet system, with a screen. I say screen, it's just one of those cheap nylon type things which cost about £3. It's not much, but it's all mine, which I like.

PS -  I'll stop there now. you'll know the exact coordinates of when the dope kicked in, I suspect.

PPS - Stockholm what, what? I've got what!!?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, by the way - I have actually met Dave Gorman, if that's of any use to anyone. I had just come out of a 'comedy' show at my first and only time at the Edinburgh Fringe. I had come out of the 'comedy' show way before it was intended for it to finish. Whilst inside watching the first few minutes i declared to my then girlfriend that I was leaving the place, and that I could stand it no longer etc. She knew it was shite too, so didn't really complain about leaving. so we were outside, smoking fags and drinking wine that she had in her bag. then Dave Gorman walks past. And this is no joke (even though it is, really) we locked eyes and then we nodded at each other, in a knowing way. 

The problem there was that Dave Gorman nodded waaay too early. I mean in time units it was probably a fraction of one second before me. However, he did do dat 

I owned Gave Gorman in that moment. You may not have heard from him in years. that's because he's still got a role to play as a gimp in me and my wife's cellar.

That last paragraph. It's not actually true. I have no idea of the whereabouts of Dave Gorman. And he certainly isn't in my cellar. The reason for that is that my house doesn't have one. Well that and the fact that I'd say he'd have objections to living in a cellar as a gimp. And I would take those objections on board and say to Dave 'Dave, it's alright, you don't have to be a gimp in my non existent cellar'. And he'd be all cool about it.

And then what would happen and I'd blow it by nodding at him a fraction of one second before he nodded at me. The bastard would have me in the bag. He'd say 'You are going to be a gimp in my cellar'. And then I'd say 'But I don't want to be a gimp in your cellar', thinking he'd run along the same lines as I would. only he wouldn't. He'd tell me to get in the cellar before he gives me a good kicking. 

And so, that's where I am now. I'm in Dave Gorman's cellar dressed as a gimp. I guess he treats me OK. i get fed. He doesn't hurt me that often, and he has very thoughtfully installed a toilet with a Saniflo Up toilet system, with a screen. I say screen, it's just one of those cheap nylon type things which cost about £3. It's not much, but it's all mine, which I like.

PS -  I'll stop there now. you'll know the exact coordinates of when the dope kicked in, I suspect.

PPS - Stockholm what, what? I've got what!!?

Never change Yog

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Never change Yog

In the clear light of day I can see that that wasn't a bad effort in stretching reality into fantasy. That kind of happens quite a bit after a smoke. So, I'll not change, as I don't intend on giving up smoking. Gets the creative juices flowing. Well, that's my perspective anyway. Others may err towards it being much more of an act of pressing the big red on switch of the 'Utter Shite Generator.

14 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm just wondering from the thread title if there's another Jarvis Cocker people might have met one not from pulp.

I know there are lots of Cocker Spaniels who have been given the name Jarvis Cocker and I have met a few of them. I knew someone who had Jarvis and Joe. 

19 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

"i am not Jesus, but i have the same initials"

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Has he come out with that line?

in my mind, a marvellous song... well worth a listen. "I've got no cross to bear tonight..."

I did once bump into Jarvis walking through Greenfields.. I dont like to talk to heroes though, in case i am completely disappointed.. 

a very brief "Good Luck Jarvis" was all i offered..

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

in my mind, a marvellous song... well worth a listen. "I've got no cross to bear tonight..."

I did once bump into Jarvis walking through Greenfields.. I dont like to talk to heroes though, in case i am completely disappointed.. 

a very brief "Good Luck Jarvis" was all i offered..

Thanks for the explanation. 

I think I'd be with you on not going up and trying to talk to a hero. However, my reason would be to just leave them alone because it must be very tiring getting hassled all the time, no matter how nice your personality. i have found out, ALA the Dave Gorman thing, that a simple nod will suffice - but only as long as you have no objections then becoming their gimp.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for the explanation. 

I think I'd be with you on not going up and trying to talk to a hero. However, my reason would be to just leave them alone because it must be very tiring getting hassled all the time, no matter how nice your personality. i have found out, ALA the Dave Gorman thing, that a simple nod will suffice - but only as long as you have no objections then becoming their gimp.

I posted my last note prior to reading your Dave Gorman/Gimp classic... BIG mistake..

Metaphorically i nodded a fraction early...

56 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That was a great doc back in the day.

I agree - although I only witnessed bits of it at the time then, and even now. However you can't help admire his mental footwork, even if the comedy element wasn't one's bag. Well, that's my view. Obviously. I mean who else's view did you think it was? Are you trying to say that I haven't got a view of my own!? Oh, that's nice. And I'll admit ' accurate' on many fronts. By the way, at this stage, I should point out that I didn't really think that you thought that I was a 'man' with no point of view. 

And back in the room - the reason why it is accurate is because I am unable to say, hand on heart, whether something is really my  point of view. How would one know what one's own point of view is. Oh, I know - I think that I can quite easily descriobe this as 'fucking amazing' and be correct;