Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

1 hour ago, Laurenkfj said:

Husband sat opposite him and his wife on the train in first class the other week. Neither of them had a first class ticket and his wife tried to blag it but they were told to pay up.

/end story 

I guess it was either pay up or move to where the common people were...

I'm here all week!

• Upvote 1

The John Peel Centre in Stowmarket had a 'Classic Album Sunday' with Jarvis and Pulp's 'Different Class'

I was working the bar and met him briefly beforehand.

Sheila hunted out John's copy of the album and found it to be still in the shrink, so she thought it would be great for him to open it on stage, and give it a spin..

A great day with a Q&A after.. 

Lives in his head apparently (Guardian interview this week). I can relate to that, fully.

Posted before in this very thread, but here it is again because it is the most truest, honest, accurate lyric ever, ever ever.

Love this,

• Like 1

I met him very briefly at a signing for Room 29 at Rough Trade East, had my moment ruined by a rather rude man who was behind me barging in front and asking Jarvis lots of inane questions. I was embarrassed in case Jarv thought I was with him so I just let him sign my album and ran away :(

I very nearly met him at the bar of the Barbican during the interval of Beck's Song Reader concert but I was in the loo and my friends told me when I got back I just missed him, although they could have just been winding me up.

I'm astonished he's not on the line up this year. Thought he'd be nailed on. Saw him at the APE warm up gig at Chat's Palace last week and him and his new band are effing brill.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As an undergraduate at Leeds University, around 1995, I lived in a flat behind the Student Union. I recall overhearing Pulp playing and Jarvis singing Common People. I heard him launch in to that diatribe bit in the song, where he goes really over the top.  As it was an alcoholic establishment, in Yorkshire; I  was deeply concerned that the way Jarvis was singing this song, was going to cause some kind of brawl. But It didn't and after the song, the band just packed up and left. 

• 2 weeks later...