Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

6 hours ago, seantizz said:

Jarvis once sat behind me on a train journey from Sheffield to London. Knowing that people wouldn’t believe me I took this photo whilst he was sleeping. 

I realise it’s a pretty awful thing to do.. 

BAFCE087-4959-4266-ACCD-4589E475FB69.jpeg

Oh my God that is absolutely priceless! 

He sleeps all proper, too. LOL!

On 8/15/2018 at 3:33 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, but it doesn't excuse his interruption of another performers act. I don't suppose Jarvis would give a flying fuck if MJ had stormed one of his performances, but that's not the issue. Yes, there were rumours about MJ kiddy fiddling etc, but at that stage they were just that - rumours. MJ had not been tried in a court, and convicted, so where's one of the fundamental facets underpinning our laws, that someone is innocent until proven guilty? There would have been a huge swathe of people who would have wanted to have seen MJ's performance without JC's involvement. 

If I'm honest I really like Jarvis Cocker as a character - in as much as that I know of him. However, even though his ad hoc performance might have tickled a soft spot on one level, I do firmly believe that he shouldn't have done it, and that it should never have crossed his mind (pissed or not) to consider that he had the right to do it, and then actually to go on and do it.

Yes, Jarvis Cocker is cool as a cucumber, most probably a nice man, but made an error of judgement. I don't know if he apologised or not. Do you know? If he didn't, I think that he should have. We've all done mental things when pissed, and got away with them, but sometimes you've got to hold up your hands and take the wrap. Then again, that's just me applying my own moral compass. Maybe it's not as universal as I thought. Hum!

Before anyone says anything bad about Cocker, remember this....................................................

I haven't met Jarvis but I did see him in Gar Du Nord once. He is one of those celebs who is instantly recognisable from behind (lanky frame, corduroy suit).

I've told that incredible story before here; but it's anecdotes like that that make this thread exactly what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad grew up in the area in the 80s, he's told me stories of meeting him here and there.

He said Jarvis went home with a (female) friend of his, whose sofa my Dad was sleeping on that night. Poor bloke.

Friends don't believe me anyway, it's just one of those stories.

Edited by captainmuscles

4 hours ago, captainmuscles said:

My Dad grew up in the area in the 80s, he's told me stories of meeting him here and there.

He said Jarvis went home with a (female) friend of his, whose sofa my Dad was sleeping on that night. Poor bloke.

Friends don't believe me anyway, it's just one of those stories.

Ooo what other stories?