Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

I met him outside London's Queen Elizabeth Hall during the interlude for The John Peel Day memorial gig, which JC was helping compère. I had a fag in my mouth while patting my pockets searching for my lighter. With that, there was a tap on my arm from behind & an extended arm reached out with the offer of a light. I lit my cigarette & turned to see it was Jarvis. I thanked him & said something like 'it's a pleasure to meet you, just wish it wasn't under these circumstances'. He agreed with me. I can't remember the rest of the brief conversation, but he was clearly a 'very nice bloke'.

Strange thing; as I returned to the building after my smoke, I bumped into Feargal Sharkey, also compèring, Even though I knew he was to be there that night, instead of saying 'Hi', all I could emit was the screech of an excited thirteen year old girl. He escaped quickly down to the Thames South bank.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave F. said:

I met him outside London's Queen Elizabeth Hall during the interlude for The John Peel Day memorial gig, which JC was helping compère. I had a fag in my mouth while patting my pockets searching for my lighter. With that, there was a tap on my arm from behind & an extended arm reached out with the offer of a light. I lit my cigarette & turned to see it was Jarvis. I thanked him & said something like 'it's a pleasure to meet you, just wish it wasn't under these circumstances'. He agreed with me. I can't remember the rest of the brief conversation, but he was clearly a 'very nice bloke'.

Strange thing; as I returned to the building after my smoke, I bumped into Feargal Sharkey, also compèring, Even though I knew he was to be there that night, instead of saying 'Hi', all I could emit was the screech of an excited thirteen year old girl. He escaped quickly down to the Thames South bank.  

Aww. He seems like a very cool guy from everything I've been hearing! :)

Rare to find in celebs. Though, I'd not really consider him a typical "celeb", per se. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Apparently he helped with this remix. I don't really think Jarvis did a great deal, but it's an excuse to post the song, which is great. Baxter Dury has started releasing some pretty good records on the quiet.

Jarvis has done better collabs this past couple of years but yup, heard this before. Its decent. Wasn't very familiar with Baxter prior to it, though. I believe they're good friends, too. 

44 minutes ago, Bananaslug said:

Jarvis has done better collabs this past couple of years but yup, heard this before. Its decent. Wasn't very familiar with Baxter prior to it, though. I believe they're good friends, too. 

This track popped up on a Spotify playlist the other month and I delved into the rest of Baxter's work and liked what I heard, to the point of him being top of my list of performers I'd like to see at the festival. No idea what he's like live. EDIT: Oooh, just noticed he's playing Manchester https://songkick.seetickets.com/event/baxter-dury/yes-the-basement-/1287337?aff=id1songkick

His new album is also pretty good.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This track popped up on a Spotify playlist the other month and I delved into the rest of Baxter's work and liked what I heard, to the point of him being top of my list of performers I'd like to see at the festival. No idea what he's like live. EDIT: Oooh, just noticed he's playing Manchester https://songkick.seetickets.com/event/baxter-dury/yes-the-basement-/1287337?aff=id1songkick

His new album is also pretty good.

DJ set that bud! Might be my birthday night out though.