Has anyone here ever met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp?

Bananaslug

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was smack bang between the two incidents - the first accusations were in 1993 (which he settled out of court) and the trial for the second accusations (for which he was acquitted) started in 2003. I don't just know this off the top of my head; I googled as I was genuinely interested!

thanks for looking (I couldn't be bothered :P).

What I was getting at was that everyone knew of the allegations, and seeing him on stage being a bit weird with lots of kids meshed in with that.

Just now, eFestivals said:

thanks for looking (I couldn't be bothered :P).

What I was getting at was that everyone knew of the allegations, and seeing him on stage being a bit weird with lots of kids meshed in with that.

Yeah, watching that again I thought it was an extremely bold move on "his people's" part. 

19 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's amusing that this has brought about discussion all these years later, but really all we're doing is obscuring the important matters of yesteryear:

pray tell efesters, where do you stand on Carter USM assaulting Phillip Schofield at the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party?

What with his National Treasure status these days, I'm pretty sure doing that now would land you in the Tower

On 8/9/2018 at 2:16 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Does that excuse anything? MJ could have proclaimed that he was mentally unwell. Does that excuse anything? In my book it does, but I have often found that in the rules of the land it doesn't. Dichotomy City welcomes you!

It's not like Jarvis exposed his bare ass on stage lol it was all like 5 seconds of him not sure what to do then waving fake farts and running off lol. Been way worse done lol

1 hour ago, Bananaslug said:

It's not like Jarvis exposed his bare ass on stage lol it was all like 5 seconds of him not sure what to do then waving fake farts and running off lol. Been way worse done lol

Yes, but it doesn't excuse his interruption of another performers act. I don't suppose Jarvis would give a flying fuck if MJ had stormed one of his performances, but that's not the issue. Yes, there were rumours about MJ kiddy fiddling etc, but at that stage they were just that - rumours. MJ had not been tried in a court, and convicted, so where's one of the fundamental facets underpinning our laws, that someone is innocent until proven guilty? There would have been a huge swathe of people who would have wanted to have seen MJ's performance without JC's involvement. 

If I'm honest I really like Jarvis Cocker as a character - in as much as that I know of him. However, even though his ad hoc performance might have tickled a soft spot on one level, I do firmly believe that he shouldn't have done it, and that it should never have crossed his mind (pissed or not) to consider that he had the right to do it, and then actually to go on and do it.

Yes, Jarvis Cocker is cool as a cucumber, most probably a nice man, but made an error of judgement. I don't know if he apologised or not. Do you know? If he didn't, I think that he should have. We've all done mental things when pissed, and got away with them, but sometimes you've got to hold up your hands and take the wrap. Then again, that's just me applying my own moral compass. Maybe it's not as universal as I thought. Hum!

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

On 8/15/2018 at 3:33 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, but it doesn't excuse his interruption of another performers act. I don't suppose Jarvis would give a flying fuck if MJ had stormed one of his performances, but that's not the issue. Yes, there were rumours about MJ kiddy fiddling etc, but at that stage they were just that - rumours. MJ had not been tried in a court, and convicted, so where's one of the fundamental facets underpinning our laws, that someone is innocent until proven guilty? There would have been a huge swathe of people who would have wanted to have seen MJ's performance without JC's involvement. 

If I'm honest I really like Jarvis Cocker as a character - in as much as that I know of him. However, even though his ad hoc performance might have tickled a soft spot on one level, I do firmly believe that he shouldn't have done it, and that it should never have crossed his mind (pissed or not) to consider that he had the right to do it, and then actually to go on and do it.

Yes, Jarvis Cocker is cool as a cucumber, most probably a nice man, but made an error of judgement. I don't know if he apologised or not. Do you know? If he didn't, I think that he should have. We've all done mental things when pissed, and got away with them, but sometimes you've got to hold up your hands and take the wrap. Then again, that's just me applying my own moral compass. Maybe it's not as universal as I thought. Hum!

It was funny though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Met him in the park about 4-5 years ago, when they did the show in the Park.

I was like "Jarvis Jarvis", and he was really quite lovely, asked if I went to the show, and if so did I enjoy it. Was I having  a good festival. Then, asked if I could have a photo, forgetting that I was absolutely steaming, and I had a "Festival" phone, which had no camera :lol:

But a Lovely bloke.

I see the topic strayed off, but Oh well!

Edited by Bobs

3 hours ago, Bobs said:

Met him in the park about 4-5 years ago, when they did the show in the Park.

I was like "Jarvis Jarvis", and he was really quite lovely, asked if I went to the show, and if so did I enjoy it. Was I having  a good festival. Then, asked if I could have a photo, forgetting that I was absolutely steaming, and I had a "Festival" phone, which had no camera :lol:

But a Lovely bloke.

I see the topic strayed off, but Oh well!

Hahah 

What's a festival phone? Lol

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think we need a "has anyone NOT met Jarvis" topic. :P

I'm still on the working theory that Bananaslug IS Jarvis.  I mean, I've never seen them in the same room...

8 hours ago, Bananaslug said:

Hahah 

What's a festival phone? Lol

Shitty burner phone that isn't the end of the world if you lose it and doesn't need recharging. Mine's a nokia brick, came free with a £15 PAYG SIM.  No camera, no apps, no internet, but a battery life of about 20 years.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:24 PM, Quark said:

I'm still on the working theory that Bananaslug IS Jarvis.  I mean, I've never seen them in the same room...

Shitty burner phone that isn't the end of the world if you lose it and doesn't need recharging. Mine's a nokia brick, came free with a £15 PAYG SIM.  No camera, no apps, no internet, but a battery life of about 20 years.

Well... that would mean Jarvis was really a woman then. LOL

As for the phone..sounds like a non phone. Probably doesnt even make calls, either. lol

Well I'm glad I'm back on here. This is the most Glastonbury thread on here. Jarvis Cocker once stage invaded MJ, was accused of assaulting kids and pulled a moony. Shaun Ryder was also somehow involved in this. Also Bez from Happy Mondays apparetly cheated on Bargain Hunt

Did I get this right? Amazing!

Edited by Heather90