Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

15 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Supermassive black whole has a shout for 00s rock song, heard that everywhere. I guess 06 puts it a bit late in the naughties though.

Think were forgetting Seven Nation Army

If we’re talking most 00’s rock song there’s only one winner...

Sex on Fire - the song that killed Kings of Leon creatively.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Could see her taking ‘the Katy Perry slot’ (if you’ll excuse me) but it’s probably about 10 years too late for anyone to care.

Given that she would most likely headline at IOW or BST (whereas Perry definitely wouldn't), I can't see her playing that low. And I think more people would be up for it than you (or they) would be prepared to admit.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Given that she would most likely headline at IOW or BST (whereas Perry definitely wouldn't), I can't see her playing that low. And I think more people would be up for it than you (or they) would be prepared to admit.

Oh I’d be there with bells on, Who Knew is a better. It’d just be a really weird booking given that she never played when her fanbase were teenagers rather than Mums.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Who can forget the Beautiful Day let's go to that fella in space intro?

Just in case:

Thanks for reminding me how much of a douche Bono is.

I dont think im ever gunna wrap my head around somone one choosing to watch U2

Edited by Xeph1995

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If we’re talking most 00’s rock song there’s only one winner...

Sex on Fire - the song that killed Kings of Leon creatively.

The song that turned them pop..... :( still great band though... since that song all their stuff is aimed at stadium and festival crowds. Good for Glasto though.

U2s creative peak, for me,consists of the first 4 songs off The Joshua Tree, the whole of Achtung Baby and the single Faraway (So Close). Can’t listen to anything else by them. More than a lot of bands, to be fair though.

My wife absolutely detests Pink. Think it was the transformation from manufactured bouncy RNB star to manufactured pained EMO angst in about a year. Would be hilarious if she turned up next year!

Can't find it but I did find someone in the Werchter thread post today that someone on Festileaks was heavily hinting at her playing there, which would put her in Europe on Glasto weekend. Seems like such an obvious BST headliner, though.

Edit: Actually he said "Guy with deffo inside knowledge on Festileaks is supposedly hinting at Pink."

Edited by Gucci Piggy

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

According to Wiki she hasn’t played or announced any European dates on this tour at all which would only make sense if she was a BST and Werchter headliner and they were nervous about how well it’d sell, so yeah, almost certainly no Glasto.

Turns out that hint was someone posting:

"NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA"

So could easily be other acts, too. Can't be arsed to try and think who else that could even refer past MCR and Tinie Tempah, but obviously isn't gonna be either of them and Pink! seems an obvious fit for the clue, especially with her being around at the time.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Oh yeah, I’d forgotten (or blocked out) that they went live to a chap floating around in space.

I saw U2 as a youngster - come @ me - and Bono brought out Salman Rushdie, during his fatwa years. Scenes.