Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely they won’t be doing TIMT when supporting Bon Jovi? They’ll have a greatest hits set ready to go.

Still can’t see them playing though.

I appreciate that, but to do TIMT one day and GH the next is a bit different from having a one week break, as is the case with the Bon Jovi and Cardiff dates.

Edit: having said that, given their willingness to play anywhere and with anyone, I wouldn't rule it out.

Edited by henry bear

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

:(

Don't make me post the Milton Keynes poster again.

Can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I once helped out (through work) Richey's then Japanese girlfriend (a photographer IIRC), and as a way of thanks their tour manager offered to put me on the guest list for their upcoming shows. When he said they were supporting Bon Jovi and Billy Idol at Milton Keynes I politely declined. ?

40 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I once helped out (through work) Richey's then Japanese girlfriend (a photographer IIRC), and as a way of thanks their tour manager offered to put me on the guest list for their upcoming shows. When he said they were supporting Bon Jovi and Billy Idol at Milton Keynes I politely declined. ?

You missed the chance to see a bowl full of baffled Jovi fans. It was quite something. Billy Idol was great too, thought he'd be shit but I really enjoyed it. 

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I appreciate that, but to do TIMT one day and GH the next is a bit different from having a one week break, as is the case with the Bon Jovi and Cardiff dates.

When I saw the do the Holy Bible the gig was split in two - album first half then an extended encore of the hits. It’s not difficult to imagine them just doing that encore plus a couple extra to pad it out to an hour.

11 hours ago, Badlands said:

Glastonbury doesn't need another Elbow set surely - and I'm a fan. 

I had a little think about this and have come down firmly on the side of yes please, more Elbow at Glastonbury! Exciting times waking up to Elbow and Shakey news. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mardy said:

ah, fucks sake, I'm going to get suckered into buying tickets for this Dylan/Young croakfest and then end up regretting it, ain't I?

I saw Neil Young there a few years back (mainly because The National were co-headlining), it was enjoyable for a Hyde Park gig for a non big fan so I would only worry about Bob.

Just now, FatAmmy said:

You will only regret spending the portion of your money that goes to Bob

Seen Bobby D 3 times, once was phenomenal, once (with Ronnie Wood) was fuckawful, and the last, about 5 years ago was alright. It's Bob though, he gets a pass, always. The greatest artist of the 20th century.

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Seen Bobby D 3 times, once was phenomenal, once (with Ronnie Wood) was fuckawful, 

Was that Hyde Park in ‘96? If so I saw that and do, indeed, concur. 

Was hoping to get tickets for this but have just realised I’m committed to something the following day ☹️

Edited by henry bear

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The awful one was about 2004ish? The Fleadh at Finsbury Park

Ah, ok. The one in ‘96 had Dylan, with Ronnie guesting (not good), The Who reuniting for the first time in years to do Quadrophenia (which is why I was there), and Eric Clapton boring the arse off those who stayed on after them.

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Ah, ok. The one in ‘96 had Dylan, with Ronnie guesting (not good), The Who reuniting for the first time in years to do Quadrophenia (which is why I was there), and Eric Clapton boring the arse off those who stayed on after them.

To be fair, if we"re talking about awful Dylan gigs, we’ve got a lot of years to choose from.

8 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Hop Farm <shakes head>

That got an ‘alright" in my book. Any Dylan gig where you can identify the song before he gets to the chorus, like some nightmare twisted pop quiz hosted by Vic Reeves’ club singer, is one for the ages.