Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've got him back on Other opening, he'll bump into Macca there but so sub him he'll have to think about how much he's partying.

Why on earth would he turn down subbing the biggest festival about so he can have a drink! He wouldn’t!

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Why on earth would he turn down subbing the biggest festival about so he can have a drink! He wouldn’t!

Would he be offered sub, though, if they've got options like Childish Gambino and Lana Del Rey to do it instead? Especially if Liam is also subbing. I really can't see Glasto wanting them both subbing in the same year. Man even said himself he'd probably be fourth down the bill now (I'm not saying he would be that low, but he clearly accepts that they may not want him as a sub). If the options for him are playing lower down than Liam in a normal slot (i.e. 3rd down Pyramid) or doing some special guest set like opening the festival I can see why he'd choose the latter.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Would he be offered sub, though, if they've got options like Childish Gambino and Lana Del Rey to do it instead? Especially if Liam is also subbing. I really can't see Glasto wanting them both subbing in the same year. Man even said himself he'd probably be fourth down the bill now (I'm not saying he would be that low, but he clearly accepts that they may not want him as a sub). If the options for him are playing lower down than Liam in a normal slot (i.e. 3rd down Pyramid) or doing some special guest set like opening the festival I can see why he'd choose the latter.

He'll get at least sub at any festival in the UK until the end of his days. Noel takes the piss in interviews - I wouldn't buy either of those things that he's said about where he would or wants to place.

Can't really fit him in to my prediction with the names you've mentioned in the mix as well so I'm choosing to believe that the thing where Stormzy was 'revealed' conflated proper news and a rumour about Noel in a single article. He is at Glastonbury every year and doesn't usually get inspired to play a few songs so I don't see why it'd happen now.

Also, him opening the Other is very really not happening. The place would be absolutely mobbed. I know last time it was suggested he'd be too big there were loads of people going "I don't know if I can be arsed if I haven't had a shit and a coffee first" but there are people getting across to the Other at that time for much less popular bands, so the toilet habits of some eFesters doesn't really throw me off thinking he would be a ridiculous booking at 11am.

22 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I think he would just because of who he is.  He’d get an absolute massive crowd on the sunday even if it was just for the Wonderwall singalong

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He'll get at least sub at any festival in the UK until the end of his days. Noel takes the piss in interviews - I wouldn't buy either of those things that he's said about where he would or wants to place.

Can't really fit him in to my prediction with the names you've mentioned in the mix as well so I'm choosing to believe that the thing where Stormzy was 'revealed' conflated proper news and a rumour about Noel in a single article. He is at Glastonbury every year and doesn't usually get inspired to play a few songs so I don't see why it'd happen now.

Also, him opening the Other is very really not happening. The place would be absolutely mobbed. I know last time it was suggested he'd be too big there were loads of people going "I don't know if I can be arsed if I haven't had a shit and a coffee first" but there are people getting across to the Other at that time for much less popular bands, so the toilet habits of some eFesters doesn't really throw me off thinking he would be a ridiculous booking at 11am.

That's what I mean, though. I'm not saying Glasto would never offer him sub, but if they've got better options like they seem to have next year then it's either he doesn't play or he takes a lower slot. His options are either a normal slot below Liam (which I don't reckon he'd wanna do), some kinda special guest slot (which may not be possible for the reasons you state), or him not playing at all.

My point that we're not suggesting he's turned down subbing the Pyramid to open the Other Stage. We're suggesting those slots may be taken by more fitting acts and so he either plays elsewhere or doesn't play at all.

I also reckon the info meant 2020 for him, so I'm going with the latter.

Just now, sisco said:

I think he would just because of who he is.  He’d get an absolute massive crowd on the sunday even if it was just for the Wonderwall singalong

Personally I don't think Glasto would book a second Gallagher to sub Glastonbury in the same year when they could have acts like Childish Gambino and Lana Del Rey instead and book Noel the following year when they haven't already got his brother doing the same slot.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Personally I don't think Glasto would book a second Gallagher to sub Glastonbury in the same year when they could have acts like Childish Gambino and Lana Del Rey instead and book Noel the following year when they haven't already got his brother doing the same slot.

Could they have them acts though? Easy to say you can have X, Y and Z but whose to say they’re actually available and want to play.  

Noel hasn’t played for a while either has he. 

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Could they have them acts though? Easy to say you can have X, Y and Z but whose to say they’re actually available and want to play.  

Noel hasn’t played for a while either has he. 

Well, potentially not, but I'm sure there'll be more interesting subs than having both Gallagher brothers doing 2/3 of them. I can't think of a year when Glasto has had more uninspired subs than that. Definitely not in the last three years.

The xx / The National / Biffy Clyro

Foals / Tame Impala / Beck

Florence and the Machine / Pharrell / Paul Weller (but he came in a package with The Who - if it was alt-J it'd fit what I'm saying)

Edit: And we've already got Lana Del Rey, Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver in the area, as well as rumours that Childish Gambino is doing it. And obviously Liam already has one of them tied up.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well, potentially not, but I'm sure there'll be more interesting subs than having both Gallagher brothers doing 2/3 of them. I can't think of a year when Glasto has had more uninspired subs than that. Definitely not in the last three years.

The xx / The National / Biffy Clyro

Foals / Tame Impala / Beck

Florence and the Machine / Pharrell / Paul Weller (but he came in a package with The Who - if it was alt-J it'd fit what I'm saying)

I do agree about both of them being subs the same year tbh, my point was more that Noel of course would want to sub (rather than a 11am spot) and that he could sub just off the back of his name.

Another option...... Noel to headline the other opposite Stormzy

Just now, sisco said:

I do agree about both of them being subs the same year tbh, my point was more that Noel of course would want to sub (rather than a 11am spot) and that he could sub just off the back of his name.

Another option...... Noel to headline the other opposite Stormzy

Yeah for sure, and if the sub spots this year are taken up I think he'd rather just wait and sub next year or something rather than play another slot.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah for sure, and if the sub spots this year are taken up I think he'd rather just wait and sub next year or something rather than play another slot.

Been constantly touring for like 3 years.  Got to have a break at some point surely