Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

finding it harder each day to think that it is. There doesn't seem to be anyone else who's saying similar.

Have people got back to you after you put out some feelers, or are they all keeping quiet? 

I admit the music business is something I know very little about, but I'd imagine if Macca HAD pulled out, more than one person would be blabbing about it?

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

They don't seem to get the best press these days, and even I'm baffled by how quickly they've abandoned the new album to promote the 20th anniversary of TIMTTMY, but....

They were bang on form at Beautiful Days. I'd happily go watch them again if they appear, but where they'd pop up is a question.

I reckon they'd be too big for JP, but then I could have said that about Suede.  Other opener seems viable; got enough back catalogue for the nostalgia aspect, but still releasing new material. Quite similar to James 2016 in that respect. I'd like 'em higher just because they'd put me in a great mood for a big night to follow, but Other headliner just doesn't seem right.

They were third down the Other last time they played, don't think much has changed since in terms of appeal.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Why? They are sat at RW - The cure are Friday. surely if one is out, so is the other? I thought the Cuer were supposed to be Saturday?

I mean if The Cure are playing Sunday at Glastonbury, which is what’s the most logical and is being heavily rumoured. Then there’s only Saturday left, and Mumfords are occupied that night.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given how quickly previous Kraftwerk shows have sold out I wouldn't wait too long before jumping.

Tempted by it but not sure I can justify another weekend away so soon after Glasto.

Hoping it might be a different story for a festival that's not in the middle of a city.. Likewise, definitely can't afford it right now.. We'll see...

1 hour ago, Quark said:

They don't seem to get the best press these days, and even I'm baffled by how quickly they've abandoned the new album to promote the 20th anniversary of TIMTTMY, but....

They were bang on form at Beautiful Days. I'd happily go watch them again if they appear, but where they'd pop up is a question.

I reckon they'd be too big for JP, but then I could have said that about Suede.  Other opener seems viable; got enough back catalogue for the nostalgia aspect, but still releasing new material. Quite similar to James 2016 in that respect. I'd like 'em higher just because they'd put me in a great mood for a big night to follow, but Other headliner just doesn't seem right.

I love em, they're my favourite band and seen em about 70 times but for me the last album was their worst. They do tend to drop their previous album like a hot rock whatever they do though. I remember seeing em one night towards the end of the Postcards From A Young Man tour when they did more songs from Everything Must Go than the album they were supposed to be promoting.. Resistance Is Futile is the album of theirs that's been least represented on its own tour. I went to three nights and they only played 6 different songs off it over the full tour, averaging four or five a night with a little bit of chopping and changing. Whether that's a reflection of their own feelings towards the album, or it could be the fact that the back catalogue is getting longer without sets getting longer and they feel there's so much stuff they can't leave out.. Wouldn't mind seeing em drop Motorcycle Emptiness or You Love Us for summat else.. I love This Is My Truth, going to four gigs for the tour and can't wait. Really not sure how the album goes down with less obsessive types these days though. Well, it's a charity shop and Cash Converters staple.

Anyway yeah, I'm leaning towards expecting em to be there this time. They've done 94, 99, 03, 07 and 14.. 5 year gap's about right for them. I don't think Other headliner would be right either, don't think they're any more popular than they were last time? I'd quite like em to starting around 4-6ish on the Pyramid and think that's feasible.. Been a fairly gradual decline on the lineup since headlining.. Yeah, I reckon either 4-6ish Pyramid, 6-8ish Other or headline Park.

Got Truth with a fortnight's paper round money when I wor a lad.. Just stuck it on now. I like about half of Resistance Is Futile, I'd probably be happier with it if I band I like rather than my favourite band came out with it.. Didn't stop me buying the fucker on red, white and black vinyl and cassette though, did it? ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Friday Pyramid rock slot we outchea

Yeah they would be perfect I reckon. Probably have a broader appeal and more well known back catalogue than ZZ Top and Motorhead. I just can't see them accepting a mid to upper slot on Other. 

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Have people got back to you after you put out some feelers, or are they all keeping quiet? 

I've had some come back saying they've heard nothing similar, and others I've heard nothing from (which i assume is because they've heard nothing).

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I admit the music business is something I know very little about, but I'd imagine if Macca HAD pulled out, more than one person would be blabbing about it?

yep, that's pretty much how it goes - it's normally the case that if I'm hearing stuff, the same stuff is going around in other places too. Gossips are gossips to more than just me.

41 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Yeah they would be perfect I reckon. Probably have a broader appeal and more well known back catalogue than ZZ Top and Motorhead. I just can't see them accepting a mid to upper slot on Other. 

I think the higher end of the Pyramid is already looking pretty stacked without trying to squeeze Weezer in. We need to potentially find room for both Gallaghers, LDR, Dua Lipa, Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend, George Ezra, The War on Drugs, The Beach Boys (Or Brian Wilson's version) and potentially more.

Obviously not all of them will play but there's already a lot of competition for those places and can't see Weezer trumping many of them. Second or third Other seems right to me.