Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

Feis initial lineup is out:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/18/181213b.shtml

I went to that last year and had a great time, sun was shining, music was good, Hell, Van Morrison even laughed at one point. A few teething issues, not enough bars for an Irish festival in Liverpool but it sounds like they're getting that sorted for next year.

Can't believe Shane is coming back though, they literally wheeled him out to the middle of the stage, he did two songs, looked confused and they wheeled him off again. Equal parts amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. 

Maybe a couple of them could make it over to trouble the Acoustic Stage or Avalon. 

On 12/6/2018 at 4:20 PM, dondo said:

Midnight-Oil_ARMISTICE-DAY_Cafe-Poster_Final.jpg

Thursday & Saturday in France, Monday in Germany (Munich)....just seems like they wouldn't be doing the Friday in-between their French gigs, and it seems like they're making their way to southern Germany on the Sunday. Hope I'm wrong, but doesn't seem like a Somerset detour fits in

Nas, Damian Marley and Wizkid have all been announced as the headliners of the inaugural The Ends Festival in Croydon, south London.

The brand new, 15,000-capacity festival will take place in Lloyd Park in the heart of Croydon from May 31 to June 2, with the live music and food-oriented event having the backing of Croydon Council. Noting that the festival is a first for Croydon, a press release adds: “The Ends Festival will see 15,000 music lovers each day flock to Lloyd Park with the festival aiming to engage and inspire local, national, and international communities of composers, performers, creators, and concert-goers through world-class performances.”

Damien Marley for Glastonbury 2019 Neil?

56 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The Strokes have just been announced for Bilbao BBK a couple of weeks after Glastonbury, as have Cut Copy which I'm sure will please @eastynh.

I love Cut Copy. They had a single out this year - Ocean Blue but I’ve not read anything about a new album. Loved the last one tho. 

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Both of JC's bands playing, I wonder how many festivals that will happen at?

Will be very frustrating if he shows up with Voidz whilst the Strokes are an active band that would be ready to play. A Strokes secret set would be both a possibility and the subject of relentless rumours leading up to and throughout the festival, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Will be very frustrating if he shows up with Voidz whilst the Strokes are an active band that would be ready to play. A Strokes secret set would be both a possibility and the subject of relentless rumours leading up to and throughout the festival, I'm sure. 

Yes, The Strokes doing a Killers type John Peel secret set, now that seems realistic and interesting. Can’t see how a previously big band could otherwise do Glastonbury without the embarrassment of being well down the bill. 

As much as I love The Strokes they are all about the money which by most people's accounts is the only reason why they continue to play together, cannot see any chance of them at Glastonbury, certainly not as a secret set anyway. 

If they were to headline their time has passed, and I just can't see them accepting a sub slot or that sort of money. Their complete failure to sell tickets for BST in 2015 is testament to where they stand. Imagine they'd be a great APE  booking if they stick on a solid indie undercard to go with it.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

As much as I love The Strokes they are all about the money which by most people's accounts is the only reason why they continue to play together, cannot see any chance of them at Glastonbury, certainly not as a secret set anyway. 

If they were to headline their time has passed, and I just can't see them accepting a sub slot or that sort of money. Their complete failure to sell tickets for BST in 2015 is testament to where they stand. Imagine they'd be a great APE  booking if they stick on a solid indie undercard to go with it.

If Bilbao BBK live can get them and seemingly not as a huge headliner type act then surely Glastonbury can get them without anywhere near breaking the bank. I know they have apparently asked for big money previously but doesn't necessarily mean that's the type of money they ask for now.

This announcement has at least gave a little more hope that they might play.

6 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

If Bilbao BBK live can get them and seemingly not as a huge headliner type act then surely Glastonbury can get them without anywhere near breaking the bank. I know they have apparently asked for big money previously but doesn't necessarily mean that's the type of money they ask for now.

This announcement has at least gave a little more hope that they might play.

Actually, so far they're the biggest name they have by far and also the performance was billed as exclusive in the Iberian Peninsula so probably big money was thrown. 

Edited by e2p2

3 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

I prefer The Voidz and JC seems more interested in this project over The Strokes so I'm pleased they are back around next summer!