Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

52 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but Snow Patrol are playing Eden Sessions on the 29th, so they must be at Glasto on the Friday or Sunday. Reckon that rules them out of a Pyramid slot (unless Bastille are 5th down on the Friday?)

Completely missed that! Thanks for flagging it up 

53 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but Snow Patrol are playing Eden Sessions on the 29th, so they must be at Glasto on the Friday or Sunday. Reckon that rules them out of a Pyramid slot (unless Bastille are 5th down on the Friday?)

Other Stage opener here they come...

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

John Peel headliner, surely?

Re: Snow patrol...

They're a funny one to judge - have a couple of household-name songs, but I'm not sure of their current standing. 

Saw them at Mad Cool last year, and the presence, production and attitude made them feel like less of a big deal as we might have expected.

Having said all that, I think Other opener would go down a storm.

1 minute ago, Hawros said:

They're a funny one to judge - have a couple of household-name songs, but I'm not sure of their current standing. 

Saw them at Mad Cool last year, and the presence, production and attitude made them feel like less of a big deal as we might have expected.

Only band I put ear plugs in for at Mad Cool. 

They're AIDS for ears.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

why would it rule them out of a Pyramid slot?

19 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

why would it rule them out of a Pyramid slot?

Well Sunday is full unless they are taking sub or 6th down, both of which seem unlikely. Ditto for Friday unless they have had a sudden change of genre and are playing the metal slot

1 hour ago, Hawros said:

Inexplicably that gang of bedwetters were playing arenas earlier this year. Dunno if they sold them out though.

Can see them about 3rd on the Other one day.

1 hour ago, Hawros said:

surely they'll do the Travis slot in that tent somewhere midday? 

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Inexplicably that gang of bedwetters were playing arenas earlier this year. Dunno if they sold them out though.

Can see them about 3rd on the Other one day.

Found myself pinned down by them in Madrid. One of the weaknesses of the dual main-stage approach. They were diabolical.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Well Sunday is full unless they are taking sub or 6th down, both of which seem unlikely. Ditto for Friday unless they have had a sudden change of genre and are playing the metal slot

Really? Lineup page has only 3 names for the Pyramid Friday (4 if you include Crow) and 4 for Sunday. Who else is a cert for the 'Mid on those days? 

2 hours ago, Hawros said:

Agree with this.  Its weird, as I kind of lump them in with The Killers, Kasabian & Kings of Leon from that mid-2000s set with a couple of massive albums and some absolute sing along anthems in their arsenal.  In my head, I can't rationalise The Killers headlining and Snow Patrol playing 5th down on the Pyramid lol.  I suppose the same could be said of the Kaiser Chiefs.  Weird how some acts keep on keeping on and other drop like a stone.

Edited by Username taken

36 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Really? Lineup page has only 3 names for the Pyramid Friday (4 if you include Crow) and 4 for Sunday. Who else is a cert for the 'Mid on those days? 

I had:

Stormzy // Moonface // Metal Slot // Bastille // Sheryl Crow // ??? // ??? // ???

I guess they could potentially slot in above Bastille (as could Ms Lauryn Hill?) but I dont see them taking any lower than 4th down considering they aint that small yet (still headlining Latitude etc.)

35 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Al Green starts his first tour in 7 years in Austin, TX tonight..... (mate of mine has tickets for Friday in Irving - on my nudge)

imagine this wafting across the fields......

i would die.....

The Dead South are on on Avalon?