Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

10 hours ago, zero000 said:

Fingers crossed for the full fat pumpkins.

Yes, I really hope so! I've see Corgan playing as Zwan back at Download many many moons ago. Is it too much to hope for? Surely they'd be on The Other, and judging by that thread, we're running out of room.... We do seem to be missing a more alternative outfit from the potential lineup though

18 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Colchester Castle Park has finally started booking in shows at just the time I'm moving up north. We rarely get bigger gigs! Sigh. 

You're telling me you missed Steps and Blue last year? Nightmare! I play cricket for Colchester and there's nothing worse than when there is some shite warbling or screaming from Castle Park. Cricket isn't enjoyable when it's played to the musical backdrop of bagpipes for 8 hours straight. 

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

You're telling me you missed Steps and Blue last year? Nightmare! I play cricket for Colchester and there's nothing worse than when there is some shite warbling or screaming from Castle Park. Cricket isn't enjoyable when it's played to the musical backdrop of bagpipes for 8 hours straight. 

Haha oh dear must have missed those! Oh of course the cricket ground is really nearby, I bet that is frustrating! 

3 hours ago, Joe Robinson said:

Just seen Black Eyed Peas festival dates and they are free Glastonbury weekend and in Europe ? Probably been mentioned before in this thread though 

Shivers.....?

took my daughters to their first Glastonbury in 09 and the youngest begged us to go to see Black Eyed Peas on West Holts..... well myself and the eldest had tickets for Blur in Hyde Park the following week, so....

Eldest sat on the benches with a right face on as youngest bounced into the middle of the crowd, with Will.i.am hollering “Hellooooo London...”

didnt miss much did we.?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Die Antwoord European tour has dates between 30th May - 21st June so technically they could appear.

What stage would they be most comfy? I know of them and have been meaning to give them a serious listen. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They're one of those acts whose live show is far superior to their recorded music. Would be great in the John Peel Tent

Aren't they meant to be a bit racisty and/or cultural appropriationy? When they were announced for Boomtown last year I'd never heard of em, looked em up and the first few articles were about how they've blacked up, fake accents etc and appeared to be somewhat controversial.

Not necessarily my bag musically, thought they were alright if a bit different to my norm. Maybe I'm way off and recalling it wrong as I don't think there was any backlash against their Boomtown booking.

33 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Aren't they meant to be a bit racisty and/or cultural appropriationy? When they were announced for Boomtown last year I'd never heard of em, looked em up and the first few articles were about how they've blacked up, fake accents etc and appeared to be somewhat controversial.

Not necessarily my bag musically, thought they were alright if a bit different to my norm. Maybe I'm way off and recalling it wrong as I don't think there was any backlash against their Boomtown booking.

Can't say I know too much about them but I'm pretty sure their music has a socio-political narrative and coming from South Africa they have ample subject matter to work with. All I know is that on the one occasion I saw them support the Prodigy in Australia they were the perfect warm-up

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Duran Duran were ace a couple of years ago at Bestival so would be very welcome.

Lumineers significantly less so.

Saw Duran Duran at a festival a few years ago. Only knew a few songs but had a great time; one of the most enjoyable festival sets I've been to.

Where do you think they'd play though?