Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'll be there too!

We need to meet up for a beer mate.

Expected it to be more difficult than that this morning. There are still some on sale. Seems they have not taken off in Manchester just yet, which is a surprise.

Just now, eastynh said:

We need to meet up for a beer mate.

Expected it to be more difficult than that this morning. There are still some on sale. Seems they have not taken off in Manchester just yet, which is a surprise.

Yeah, defo have that beer.  I suspected they wouldn't sell out straight away when I saw how low they had priced themselves.  Should be great though, Gorilla is the perfect venue for them.

53 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, defo have that beer.  I suspected they wouldn't sell out straight away when I saw how low they had priced themselves.  Should be great though, Gorilla is the perfect venue for them.

Should be a good night mate. Looking forward to a beer ?

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think someone had info that ruled him out a couple of months ago sadly. Can't remember exactly what it was though.

Edit: Found it

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if these are new dates or old news but Kevin Morbys European tour finishes 26th June. Would love to see a nice daytime Park set my him.

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think someone had info that ruled him out a couple of months ago sadly. Can't remember exactly what it was though.

Edit: Found it

yes, Morby's now actually booked through the weekend, still in Scandinavia I believe. 

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

No idea where they'd play but have Underworld been discussed at all? Their dates seem to kick off in Belgium on the Sunday at the moment. 

One of the best acts at Mad Cool last year for me. 

I'd say unlikely for two reasons, 1. they played in 2016 and knocked it out of the park and 2. I can't think where they would play if they did

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd say unlikely for two reasons, 1. they played in 2016 and knocked it out of the park and 2. I can't think where they would play if they did

Yeah I couldn't make the WH set which is kinda why I was hoping they could return. Three years is long enough, I just don't know where. 

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Yeah I couldn't make the WH set which is kinda why I was hoping they could return. Three years is long enough, I just don't know where. 

I suppose they could headline the Other but I think those places are taken. John Peel would be amazing but I can't see it, unfortunately. There are rumours of an extended Park area, maybe there? That would be pretty sweet.

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

They headlined in 2016 with a new album after a long absence from the festival. Can’t see them being booked again three years later with nothing new - Glastonbury doesn’t tend to make those kinds of bookings without reason.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I suppose they could headline the Other but I think those places are taken. John Peel would be amazing but I can't see it, unfortunately. There are rumours of an extended Park area, maybe there? That would be pretty sweet.

I couldn't see them being given Other headline, agree on JP. I don't want to overegg the Park til we know more but yeah, overall I lean towards it not happening. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

They headlined in 2016 with a new album after a long absence from the festival. Can’t see them being booked again three years later with nothing new - Glastonbury doesn’t tend to make those kinds of bookings without reason.

My thinking was Chic headlining WH then coming back for a slot on a larger stage. Although on looking back that was a four year break. On a similar note Hot Chip are seemingly coming back after four years. So I wouldn't say there's a rule? 

Anyway my initial post wasn't to say I think they're playing (I, myself, assumed they won't be) but just that they're doing European festival dates around the time. 

Edit: also I realise Hot Chip will have a new album. 

Edited by zeppelin