Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

Just now, MetaKate said:

Robbed of Robyn and I'm never getting over it. 

Don't lose faith just yet. There's been a few times when an act's been announced as another festival exclusive only to be in Somerset come June. I'm thinking that they're using the exclusivity tag to shift as many tickets as possible between now and the Glastonbury resale. I doubt she'll even be on the poster when it drops but I firmly believe that Robyn will be gracing the farm this year. #Beleavis

People on here are way too quick to write off exclusives as nonsense. Occasionally they turn out not to be true, but that's only in a small number of cases. If somebody's listed as an exclusive elsewhere, it's highly likely that they are. Give up hope, and if it turns out she's one of the few exclusives who turn out to not really be exclusive it's a nice surprise.

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

People on here are way too quick to write off exclusives as nonsense. Occasionally they turn out not to be true, but that's only in a small number of cases. If somebody's listed as an exclusive elsewhere, it's highly likely that they are. Give up hope, and if it turns out she's one of the few exclusives who turn out to not really be exclusive it's a nice surprise.

The tiny amount of exclusives that turned out weren’t genuine , along with the one time that The Who cancelled a previously booked date to play Glastonbury, means that bands booked to play dates elsewhere and exclusive claims on festival posters won’t stop us taking up a few pages on here speculating on stuff that is unlikely to happen, haha.

2 hours ago, Giraffe Man said:

Just came on to post about this, the mud defeated me too. There is a gap in the tour dates that fits perfectly.

https://www.garyclarkjr.com/tour

Funnily enough, it was because of the mud I found it easier to catch him in 2016.

My wife and I took a break from trudging through the mud to spend a few hours having some drinks and some food right by the West Holts stage so hung about a bit longer til he came on.

He was awesome that day, would be great to have him back

50 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

To be fair, for a while, about 4-5 years ago, there was quite a spate of "exclusives" that turned out not to be so, or that were only "exclusive" in the very specific way they'd phrased it and not in the way most people would assume. It did seem to vary by festival quite a bit - with Reading/Leeds being by far the worst offenders. If I remember it correctly, they even announced Bastille as an English Festival exclusive - despite them having already been confirmed for Boardmasters.

It does seem to have calmed down the past few years, maybe they've realised that people don't like being bullshitted?

Peter Doherty and the Puta Madres are playing around Glastonbury, can imagine they will play somewhere with the usual Glastonbury Doherty version of Time for Heroes, Don’t Look back into the Sun, Ha Ha Wall and Libertines tunes. Would be good to see earlier within the day.

89422516-242B-4112-AA47-BEA565261DC7.jpeg

50 minutes ago, incident said:

To be fair, for a while, about 4-5 years ago, there was quite a spate of "exclusives" that turned out not to be so, or that were only "exclusive" in the very specific way they'd phrased it and not in the way most people would assume. It did seem to vary by festival quite a bit - with Reading/Leeds being by far the worst offenders. If I remember it correctly, they even announced Bastille as an English Festival exclusive - despite them having already been confirmed for Boardmasters.

It does seem to have calmed down the past few years, maybe they've realised that people don't like being bullshitted?

They also announced Kasabian as an UK fest exceise in 2017 

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Peter Doherty and the Puta Madres are playing around Glastonbury, can imagine they will play somewhere with the usual Glastonbury Doherty version of Time for Heroes, Don’t Look back into the Sun, Ha Ha Wall and Libertines tunes. Would be good to see earlier within the day.

89422516-242B-4112-AA47-BEA565261DC7.jpeg

Hoping he plays as my mate will be happy with it! 

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

Can defintely be sad about Courtney Barnett, thought for certain she'd be at the farm

i always thought she was a  dead certain for Wilco's fest and not at Glasto...she's a huge fan and they've been hanging together, and Tweedy has Jen Cloher supporting him on his Aussie tour (Cloher's band has CB and Bones in it I believe)