Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

I thought they were really poor in the JP in 2016. Massively going through the motions, no energy at all. I don't think I was alone in thinking this either. Was disappointed because I got really into them leading up to the festival.

I'd completely forgotten they were on the farm in 2016 until I read this comment, despite going to JP to watch them. Totally underwhelming.

1 minute ago, tjamest said:

Quincy Jones with an orchestra performing Off the wall, Bad and Thriller at the O2 on June 23rd, although it does say in the blurb that it is a one off

https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/quincy-jones 

That’ll be three hours plus, they’d have to condense it down to just an hour of the hits.

Plus there’s nowhere for it to go. I doubt Quince fancies opening the Pyramid one day.

Plus I can’t imagine Quincey comes cheap these days.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:58 PM, Mattymooz said:

I am so clueless as to how big they are here tbh. Would they be like John Peel headline level?

No idea, they played bierkeller in Bristol for 13 quid when I was in college like three years ago but I’ve seen them at tramshed in Cardiff and o2 Brixton for more, and they were third down on second biggest stage at reading on last album tour so we’ll have to see, personally love them so I’m hoping for a decently jp slot

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hawkwind have announced a 50th anniversary tour this year ! Time to ride the silver machine 

In the Twitter announcement of the September tour they say they'll be in Belgium on the 23rd June so I'd say they're nailed on for Glastonbury.

Pyramid Rock Slot?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've managed to miss Kurupt FM when they've played before, they're in Devon the weekend before G. "The rest are irrelevant"*

* Apart from Shy FX, Gentleman's Dub Club and the Cuban Brothers. I'd like them too.

Screenshot_20190217-210544_Instagram.jpg

Reckon Tom Odell is pretty likely now though after saving the Glastonbury Abbey show

7 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Not big enough for the rock slot. Wouldn't write them off playing though.

I know they're currently small enough to play in loads of places. Nik Turner always seems to be around The Glade, but given they are former headliners they might be given a more prominent slot.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:57 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hawkwind have announced a 50th anniversary tour this year ! Time to ride the silver machine 

They deserve a special slot, having played the festival in 1971. 

Looking at the old line ups, they’re just about the longest surviving band who have played, but I hope they would also invite Al Stewart for 2020 as he was there in 1970 and still going strong...