Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, zico martin said:

I've read the transcript of his comments again now and yes you are correct and i apologise. I do understand transphobia as its an issue which is particularly close to home (my son is FTM) and perhaps subconciously I gave Ricky a free pass, this has now been retracted though.

I'm sorry for snapping at you.

I've got my back up recently because of a lot of ignorant shit I keep seeing posted online, stemming from IRL shit I've recently found out some of my friends have been facing which I was completely oblivious to the whole time. Been meaning to quit posting online this year but I can't keep off efests because it's normally alright and I'm just on here out of habit.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What an ignorant viewpoint. If you don't see that it's unfunny bulling to mock one of the most systematically oppressed groups of people in the world, ridiculing their entire existence, at a time when the world's most powerful nation, the nation he lives and made the documentary in, is trying to legislate to make their lives difficult, then I really don't know what to say to you.

You clearly don't know what free speech is.

Its no different to mocking religious people, country/race stereotypes, thick people, fat people, people whose dead, sexual abuse victims, murder victims, ugly people, nerds etc etc really. All those things and more have be mocked on countless occassions, personally I dont give trans folk a pass any mote or less than those either. Everyone and everything is open in comedy. 

You either take it as a joke or be offended and dont watch anymore. You cant control peoples humour or how they think, something one person finds funny will be offensive to another, theres no levels to it where you can cross the line. If your open to anyone being mocked for comedy then your open to everyone being mocked. 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Disappear you arsehole

Your obviously one of these people who get offended by everything, you should try and take things less seriously. Comedy is subjective, if you dont like it dont watxh but are you gonna pretend youve never laughed at anyone being mocked for anything cause if you havent then youll be one of very few people and if you have then your an utmost hypocrite. 

7 minutes ago, chatty said:

Your obviously one of these people who get offended by everything, you should try and take things less seriously. Comedy is subjective, if you dont like it dont watxh but are you gonna pretend youve never laughed at anyone being mocked for anything cause if you havent then youll be one of very few people and if you have then your an utmost hypocrite. 

Just leave it.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just leave it.

I will but people shouldnt start a discussion if they only want to hear people agreeing 100% with them. 

And if your gonna start name calling cause someone doesnt agree with your opinion to the last detail then that says more about you than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, chatty said:

I will but people shouldnt start a discussion if they only want to hear people agreeing 100% with them. 

And if your gonna start name calling cause someone doesnt agree with your opinion to the last detail then that says more about you than anything else. 

Your obviously one of these people who get offended by everything, you should try and take things less seriously. Insults are subjective, if you dont like it dont post but are you gonna pretend youve never clapped back at someone for being a c*nt cause if you havent then youll be one of very few people and if you have then your an utmost hypocrite. 

rly makes you think, no?

5 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Your obviously one of these people who get offended by everything, you should try and take things less seriously. Insults are subjective, if you dont like it dont post but are you gonna pretend youve never clapped back at someone for being a c*nt cause if you havent then youll be one of very few people and if you have then your an utmost hypocrite. 

rly makes you think, no?

Not really, Im not offended so youve cocked up already. Inagree insults are subjective, being a called a c**t round my way is a term of endearment so cheers but Im guessing your were trying to be offensive, nevermind. 

Not sure what you were trying to achieve here cause youve failed at being funny, offensive or adding any point to the debate. 

Should have just said you think im a c**t and saved the bother of trying your hand at comedy really but I do appreciate the irony of you delivering a terrible joke in a debate about what merits offence in comedy. I think more people would. Probably find your crap attempt at humour more offensive than anything thats been debated so far. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Nothing is funnier to me than Ricky Gervais setting up his entire career to be in a position where he could suck up to his idol on TV, only for his idol to take an instant dislike to him and rip him and his entire comedic persona to fucking tattered shreds.

That episode of Extras was hilarious, but it wasn't real. Bowie and Gervais were apparently quite friendly.

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

I'm not referring to Bowie, I'm referring to Garry Shandling, who was on the third episode of 'Ricky Gervais Meets...' and bodied him so utterly that the series was quietly abandoned.

Oooo I wasn't aware. Apologies. I'll check this out. Sounds delightful

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Disappear you arsehole

Dunno if you do already, but the block function is really useful on here.

Like you, I have no interest in listening to uninformed morons bang on about free speech online anymore, I just come here for Glasto chat. Only takes a few blocks cos it’s usually the same suspects.

54 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Like you, I have no interest in listening to uninformed morons bang on about free speech online anymore, I just come here for Glasto chat. Only takes a few blocks cos it’s usually the same suspects.

There's a block function? 

Gonna block you all, none of you are worthy of my attention.

Edited by Winslow Leach

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I'm not referring to Bowie, I'm referring to Garry Shandling, who was on the third episode of 'Ricky Gervais Meets...' and bodied him so utterly that the series was quietly abandoned.

Apparently he was trying to do a bit - they were doing two different interviews at the same time:

3 hours ago, Bradders said:

There's a block function? 

Gonna block you all, none of you are worthy of my attention.