Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

47 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Bobby Smith boiling piss, love it. 4 and a half months until I'm belting out Pictures of You, tears in my eyes at the fact that Glastonbury is almost over and I'm seeing one of the greatest bands of all time headlining the greatest festival for a fourth time. Up the lovely Cure. 

Have a bloody upvote. Gonna be a moment.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Slam Dunk is the Gathering of the Juggalos for the dweebs who don't have the balls to be Juggalos.

Nope it's just a great festival with a top line-up at a reasonable price. As for major then Reading Sunday. I don't think Boomtown is the worst but for £235 no thanks, plus out of Lauryn Hill, Streets and GA only the last one interest me.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nope it's just a great festival with a top line-up at a reasonable price. As for major then Reading Sunday. I don't think Boomtown is the worst but for £235 no thanks, plus out of Lauryn Hill, Streets and GA only the last one interest me.

So you're not a Juggalo?

Lauren and her couple of blokes come out fighting by the sounds of it. In terms of a high placement, have we written them off too quickly? 

Chvrches review – sparkling synth-poppers on the brink of the big time

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/08/chvrches-review-alexandra-palace?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Lauren and her couple of blokes come out fighting by the sounds of it. In terms of a high placement, have we written them off too quickly? 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/08/chvrches-review-alexandra-palace?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Pfft only 4 stars?!

Back to the John Peel before The Wombats with them!

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So you're not a Juggalo?

Considering I've no interest in clowns....espwically insane one's haha and hip hop isn't really my cup generally...no

31 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's a pretty bold claim, Gazza. As long as you like it, that's the most important thing

Aye each to their own, if the same fest was all our favourite line-up then the others wouldn't run. For £65 for a day ticket I think they've catered well...I do however think any more and I'd question it as personally last year for £55 you couldn't ask for anymore imo.

I'd see probably 4 acts/5 may be that I'd be arsed with at Boomtown.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Their highest charting single was their debut, which reached number 38 seven years ago.  They're playing a 1850 capacity hall in Belfast this month (with strong support from Lets Eat Grandma) and still haven't sold it out.  IMO their last album was comfortably their weakest.  I'm not sure how any of that translates to being 'on the brink of the big time'.  And I'm a fan.

Edited by Username taken

1 hour ago, Username taken said:

Their highest charting single was their debut, which reached number 38 seven years ago.  They're playing a 1850 capacity hall in Belfast this month (with strong support from Lets Eat Grandma) and still haven't sold it out.  IMO their last album was comfortably their weakest.  I'm not sure how any of that translates to being 'on the brink of the big time'.  And I'm a fan.

Love is dead was a bit of a turd in all honesty. Some decent tracks, but with far too much pop sheen production and  MOR tracks.