Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've been firmly on the Foals-won't-be-there train until now but I've just had a thought;

If Wolf Alice were indeed approached to be the 'rock' Other headliner and have knocked it back could Foals have been the next name on the list? 

Certainly makes sense, would go up nicely against Stormzy too. 

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Doesn't make sense to me. Surely Foals would be higher up their list than Wolf Alice? I doubt they'd have given Wolf Alice the offer if Foals were a possible booking for it.

My first thought was to replace Wolf Alice with Tame Impala in my prediction but I decided against it for the above reason.

Yeah I was just about to type something like this out. A secret set seems fairly likely, I just can't think of them being on the lineup otherwise though.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Foals to open Other whilst Noel opens pymild to split the crowd.

I've just thought on that Dizzee Rascal subbed in 2010 and 2013 with only the one festival in between so not too crazy that they might do that. @The Martini Police says they were asked about it on radio and claimed not to know anything about it yet. Maybe it's just one of those things like The Maccabees' farewell tour that was scheduled for after Glastonbury for no reason at all.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've just thought on that Dizzee Rascal subbed in 2010 and 2013 with only the one festival in between so not too crazy that they might do that. @The Martini Police says they were asked about it on radio and claimed not to know anything about it yet. Maybe it's just one of those things like The Maccabees' farewell tour that was scheduled for after Glastonbury for no reason at all.

Yeah I don't think the timing means anything tbh. They're already doing European festivals at the time so that's reason enough for the tour to be at that time, without them doing Glasto.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I find it incredibly important that Yeah Yeah Yeahs now have a future show as well as all those past shows that they have.

Yeeeeessss. Was listening to Show Your Bones just this morning lamenting that they wouldn't be about this summer/year.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I find it incredibly important that Yeah Yeah Yeahs now have a future show as well as all those past shows that they have.

50472043_2099070413521117_28119733499225

That is very important! They’re my “drop everything” band.

Get the YYY’s headlining a night in the JP and I won’t give a toss who else is on that night.

YYYs is wonderful news. So chuffed theyre somewhat in the frame.

Foals? Eh. They're like Biffy. The quality of their music has declined as their popularity has increased, and both peaked before they hit the big time. They won't headline Glastonbury this year and I don't see what they would bring to the festival that's different from their last slot, which was perfectly OK. Hope they do IOW instead and we get something different in a big slot at G. The Pyramid subs and Other headliners already look like acts that have played time and time again, so let's get something fresh eh?

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Interestingly, they told Annie Mac part 1 will be more 'vibey" while part 2 will be more "rock".

The stingy git in me is saying hold out and hope they tour again for part 2 in the Autumn, getting best of both worlds..

They almost certainly will tour again. After What Went Down they first did a bunch of smaller shows and then did the arenas.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:35 PM, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah, listen to Be the Cowboy album by Mitski. It’s brilliant 

Given this a couple of goes on the train into and out of town today...

i am not at ‘brilliant’ as yet but it has definitely got something going on... would certainly like to see her come June..

thanks for the tip 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I don't think the timing means anything tbh. They're already doing European festivals at the time so that's reason enough for the tour to be at that time, without them doing Glasto.

That's actually not quite right. Their UK tour doesn't have any European festivals splitting it up. Apart from that trip to Croatia right at the end when the come back to the UK just to play Bournemouth two days before Glasto Friday? 

Could be coincidental but there can't be a huge amount of financial sense to do that just for one gig at the BIC. 

Edited by briddj