Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Speaking of which....

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/01/the-who-map-out-2019-moving-on-tour/

Nice big summer gap there...

Y'see that's a funny one. I have no interest in seeing them at Glastonbury, but if they were announced for Mad Cool (which I doubt they will since they played there quite recently) I'd be up for seeing them again.But yeah, for the sake of Glastonbury, stay away!

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes! That night forever ingrained in my memory. Watching East 17, loving it and then coming out to all the Jacko rumours. And none of the texts from the outside world about Jacko getting through for hours so we never really knew whether to trust it. Christ how is that nearly 10 years ago?

and then somebody had wherewithall to knock up a flag on Thursday night...

image.png.56ecf4d7b930da604a2b79b63370d90a.png

Genius.

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There was ANOTHER guy in Bros? Fucking hell, this whole saga just keeps getting weirder. Firstly it's this fucking band who I've never ever heard of are back, apparently they were completely massive but how come nobody's ever talked about them during my lifetime then? "Oh surely you've heard this song, it's their biggest hit" no, I've never heard that song, and it sounds completely shit. The there's a documentary with the pair of them and they're a real life Alan Partridge and David Brent and Nigel Tufnell all in one. And now all of a sudden there's this third guy who was never seen or mentioned in the doc.

I'm not fucking having this. It's not real is it? There never was any such thing as Bros.

They started the trend of bottle tops on shoes, fine times.

Sorry if this has been discussed but what do people think the chances of Foals making an appearance are?

'Part 1' of their new album drops beginning of March and they are in Germany 24th-26th June. Full touring summer.

Seeing as they were the Friday afternoon Pyramid slot in 2016 where could they go? Pyramid Sub or Other headliner?

Would they take Other Headliner? Phenomenal live band.

17 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Reckon they're more likely to show up at R&L, but imagine they'd be on the Other if they do play. Headlined both JP and Leftfield last time (both great, though I underestimated how lively a Glasto pit could get).

Run The Jewels, Pyramid 2017.. shit went off!

3 hours ago, Wilfko said:

Sorry if this has been discussed but what do people think the chances of Foals making an appearance are?

'Part 1' of their new album drops beginning of March and they are in Germany 24th-26th June. Full touring summer.

Seeing as they were the Friday afternoon Pyramid slot in 2016 where could they go? Pyramid Sub or Other headliner?

Would they take Other Headliner? Phenomenal live band.

Its been discussed a couple of times, general consensus seems to be it's too early for them to come back. There's already plenty of likely options to cover the 6 slots you mentioned so personally I don't think they'll be there this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Earl Sweatshirt at Field Day three weeks before Glasto - his first Summer date so far, I think. Would be a good WH sub, unless I'm misinterpreting his size (below Wu-Tang, similar to .Paak below ATCQ, would make most sense).

Yeah can’t see him being any higher up than where Vince Staples played in ‘16. He’s lower as low down the bill than as Octavian.

Push seems more likely to me. Probably third down West Holts.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Its been discussed a couple of times, general consensus seems to be it's too early for them to come back. There's already plenty of likely options to cover the 6 slots you mentioned so personally I don't think they'll be there this year. 

Feeling is that as you say they certainly won't be an announced act on the main stages, but nobody is ruling out a secret set ala The Killers last time.

3 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Jorja Smith just announced for Field Day on the 8th June and her next date is NOS Alive on 11th July. 

Glastonbury in the middle please. Where do people think she would play? High on West Holts? Fairly high on the Pyramid? 

Get her subbing Wu Tang on West Holts and we're in for a fantastic night.