Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Massive Attack, the bad live act" as the old nursery rhyme goes.

At least they actually showed up in 2014. Better than when I tried to see 'em this Summer.

Edit: I will add I don't remember them being remotely bad, but I also don't really remember it very well.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

6 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

It's nothing to do with them sounding like Led Zeppelin, I just don't think their music is very good. When I hear them I don't get any emotive reaction its as simple as that, Artistically they just don't have much substance. 

If you can't see that then I don't really know what to tell you, its also got nothing about a social bandwagon, I heard a song by theirs before I had heard anyone mention them and I instantly was turned off.

I suspect there’ll be loads of bands there you don’t like, any reason why you’re picking on poor ol’ Greeta van Fleet? Ha ha.

Spare a thought for me, I’ve got Reading tickets and just heard the 1975 for the first time last night. Suffice to say that I’ll be on a different stage.

Won’t stress about it though.

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Because they're a really fun young band and sound too much like Led Zeppelin which is a bad thing apparently. 

Its also very important to jump on the social media backlash bandwagon.

200px-Stop_Kony_2012_poster.png

I do enjoy the irony. Zeppelin were bashed by people for being too derivative.

I’m not sure why sounding like Led Zeppelin is considered a bad thing.

I know that it isn’t that original but they won’t be the only unoriginal band in the festival.

Well personally I think it’s good for a new band to sound old school, I like Zeppelin and Greta. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t like both if they were into Zeppelin as they’re very similar. Hoping that they make it to the farm anyway even if others aren’t so keen. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foolee said:

Well personally I think it’s good for a new band to sound old school, I like Zeppelin and Greta. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t like both if they were into Zeppelin as they’re very similar. Hoping that they make it to the farm anyway even if others aren’t so keen. 

I like them, but I cant take them that seriously as they do feel like a tribute act.

Greta Van Fleet will go down class at Glastonbury, theyve been making waves, are young and excitable and will rock the place out. Ive got no doubt of that. Yeah they are a bit of a Zeppelin rip off but most bands are a ripoff of someone else if you want to go down that route. 

Lots of knowledgable posters on music on this forum but Ive learnt this forum isnt very good for getting the overall general feeling on how music will be met by the public (as most forums dont for anything tbf). 

I like them though, were not gonna get Zeppelin so im happy enough to take a 2019 immitator and have some fun. 

Edited by chatty
  • Like 2

They sound like a bad paradoy act of the 60/70s even what they wear on stage looks like it comes from a fancy dress shop, their is no doubt they are capable musicians it just has no authenticity about it, I've probably seen better tribute acts.

What ever floats people boats though! I just can't undetstand the apeal. There have been many bands that have played that I weren't my cup of tea but I could still see why one might enjoy that. They just kinda seem out of place to me.

Edited by Xeph1995