Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Don't think they'd play that high, although there's without doubt a space for them in the howling void of landfill rubbish that is the Other early evening.

3rd down other last time. I don’t know. All rides on the success of this next album. Definitely there though in my opinion now. In the landfill of rubbish ?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Is he any bigger than when he played at about 2pm Pyramid a few years ago? 

I'm guessing that the bookers are assuming he will be when he brings out his new album, hence that poster placement.

the same as various others who have leapt up festival lineups despite having released nothing since their last appearance (Solange and Tame Impala at Primavera spring to mind).

2 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

Phish is an American jamband in the vein of the Grateful Dead. They just played 13 sold out shows in a row at MSG in NYC. They have a die hard following...

This is mad. I met an American dude in Laos in 2016, we got talking about music and all he could talk about was Phish. I'd never heard of them in my life. He'd seen them over 40 times!!!

I had totally forgotten about this, and forgot to give them a listen.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

I'm guessing that the bookers are assuming he will be when he brings out his new album, hence that poster placement.

the same as various others who have leapt up festival lineups despite having released nothing since their last appearance (Solange and Tame Impala at Primavera spring to mind).

My instinct is that he’s just one of those acts that lingers around the upper reaches of lineups over there on the strength of a couple of hits like Empire of the Sun or Khalid, but he hasn’t played a UK fest since 2015 so I guess it’s possible that fests think there’s still potential in him yet.

38 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Is it likely that Cardi B will play Primavera fly back for Bonaroo and then back for Glastonbury?

Shes already doing a fest in belguim Glastp weekend so she's definitely around, and with Emily following her too I reckon its pretty likely. I have her placed at 4th main or other sub at the moment but I dunno if thats a bit too low.

Vestiville.jpg.fa23cc08de6955e5ae4939bf9

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What on earth is Phish and Grand OleOpry?

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm pretty sure the American public would look at the Glastonbury lineup and think much the same tbh

similar reaction to Stormy / Phish as festival headliners on both sides of the Atlantic, though I have faith that more in the UK are familiar with Phish. But I'm also part of the American public who couldn't pick out most of the names on that B'roo lineup

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Also, 3 Phish sets is ridiculous. 

the one year they played Glastonbury, there were 4 sets of Kula Shaker/Ash over the weekend, one of which was a replacement for Neil Young. which is more ridiculous?? 

3 hours ago, dave0h said:

I remember reading that here on efests a few months back. Them on top of Saturday would make a big difference for sure. Also how the Lumineers got that high, and the National that low? 

Arctic Monkeys doing nothing in 2019 past April is absolutely alarming.

there must be another album coming

Edited by Matt42

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Well, well, well....isn't that interesting :D

On another note, I'm usually cool with not having a clue about the undercard, but when I don't know the headliners it freaks me out a bit. Particularly when one of them is so big they're playing three times....

Phish have a cult following, and most of that cult following go to bonnaroo so it makes sense only for bonnaroo appealing to their core following. 

4 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

That Bonnaroo line up is 90% acts I’ve never even heard of. Jeez. 

Check out the Avett brothers (start with No hard feelings even though it's not their typical sound) and Unknown mortal orchestra (Hunnybee) if you dont know either of those!

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Two sets yes, but three?

I just wonder if someone else was lined up for the Friday night.

100% 

Remember the story about Macca continuing to ask for more money also? 

Usually acts that are on the lineup twice do a set and a late night DJ set. 3 sets is crazy.

23 minutes ago, dave0h said:

Can anyone here verify that AM indeed did have plans for shows in June? I remember is being MSG, Bonnaroo and a big UK show. Something like that

The info was "an iconic festival in June" I think so people thought Glasto and Roo were the most likely options.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

The info was "an iconic festival in June" I think so people thought Glasto and Roo were the most likely options.

I don’t think it’s impossible that Monkeys could do glasto then. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

27 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Riiight - Wasn't IOW also one of the contenders? 
Regardless, sucks they didn't end up on the Roo lineup because I was seriously considering doing that before hopping over to the UK for Glasto. 

And yay you're also Canadian! ?

6 minutes ago, dave0h said:

Regardless, sucks they didn't end up on the Roo lineup because I was seriously considering doing that before hopping over to the UK for Glasto. 

And yay you're also Canadian! ?

I am! The timing for Roo made it almost impossible for me to go... so I'm happy I dont particularly want to. I'm hoping osheaga pulls out something decent this year!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dave0h said:

Them wrapping up their tour in less than a year since TbHC was released is very fishy. I reckon they probably are working on another album for a bigger tour next year.

i wasn’t that sold on them being a 2020 contender since this year would have made more sense. However it seems like 2020 for them is a real possibility