Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

42 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'd say Arianna Grande is FAR from a likely replacement for Macca, and even further from being booked as a headliner at all.

I'd put The Killers, Mumford, Arctics and a few others well ahead of her for replacement bookings if required.

Maybe this late in the day it would be more about bumping someone up the order as opposed to signing a whole replacement? What's the history of when bands have pulled out or whatever? Do they bump or replace? Didn't Florence just get bumped up? I remember Ash played 2 headline slots in 90's on the friday and the saturday 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Something that's just occurred to me off the back of the Coachella announcement; I believe the info we had was that the Eavii's preference was for Childish Gambino to sub Stormzy with Liam subbing one of the other days. Now he's headlining Coachella does that make it less likely he'd accept a slot subbing a fairly small act?

I seem to remember one of the reasons people were waiting to see if he was on the Coachella lineup was to do with the fact that he was supposed to be retiring - if he's on the lineup, then he's not retiring as early as thought and thus might be at Glastonbury? I could have got that totally muddled up though!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I seem to remember one of the reasons people were waiting to see if he was on the Coachella lineup was to do with the fact that he was supposed to be retiring - if he's on the lineup, then he's not retiring as early as thought and thus might be at Glastonbury? I could have got that totally muddled up though!

Thought Coachella was meant to be his last show? Again, I might be wrong.

I still have no idea who or what Childish Gambino is. I mean, I could Google it but where's the fun in that?

At least I've heard of him I suppose. I had a look on the replies under the Coachella Twitter announcement. 99% of replies are about Black Pink or BlackPink or #BLACKPINK. Absolutely clueless on that one. 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Something that's just occurred to me off the back of the Coachella announcement; I believe the info we had was that the Eavii's preference was for Childish Gambino to sub Stormzy with Liam subbing one of the other days. Now he's headlining Coachella does that make it less likely he'd accept a slot subbing a fairly small act?

Depends on how picky he is. LCD Soundsystem headlined Coachella 2016 and then only headlined the other stage at Glasto 16. However in 2014 Arcade Fire headlined both (Glasto/Coachella) and likewise Radiohead in 2017. 

If CG is just happy to play he would probably accept a sub spot 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Thought Coachella was meant to be his last show? Again, I might be wrong.

Had a quick look back and it seems you are right and people were saying this, but no idea where that original info came from. So what does that mean for how relevant seeing his name on the Coachella poster is for an appearance at Glastonbury? Presumably none? How disappointing

See I thought CG was maybe bigger over here than he is. Would absolutely love to see him on the line up but was sceptical about him playing a sub spot. Just had a look though and you can still buy tickets for his UK O2 dates (admittedly seated only, but still), so maybe he's not as big over here as I thought and could make sense as a sub.

The Coachella booking could support the idea of him subbing pyramid but my gut feeling is that one won't influence the other too much...

32 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I still have no idea who or what Childish Gambino is. I mean, I could Google it but where's the fun in that?

At least I've heard of him I suppose. I had a look on the replies under the Coachella Twitter announcement. 99% of replies are about Black Pink or BlackPink or #BLACKPINK. Absolutely clueless on that one. 

I only know one song, but its a song with a video which blew up on Youtube last year, worth a watch. It's called This Is America.

p.s You also may know him by his acting name : Donald Glover. Quite big I think.

Edited by Little Andy

50 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I only know one song, but its a song with a video which blew up on Youtube last year, worth a watch. It's called This Is America.

p.s You also may know him by his acting name : Donald Glover. Quite big I think.

It is quite strange to think about describing him in a purely music context, cos a major part of his appeal is his output/appearances across media. Is he the Hasselhoff of our time?

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Wasn't Springsteen rumoured to be McCartney's replacement - if indeed Macca was lined up and dropped out?

Only for about 5 minutes, that was off the back of Little Steven say he may be touring the UK (he is, headlining Bearded Theory and confirmed on Twitter yesterday he will be playing other shows in the UK in spring), people got excited and thought it was Bruce. Then there was the article that reported Bruce would be touring with the E Street Band next year, he's since said it isn't true.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He’s Lando motherflippin Calrissian!

tenor.gif?itemid=5926353

I'm guessing not that one?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only for about 5 minutes, that was off the back of Little Steven say he may be touring the UK (he is, headlining Bearded Theory and confirmed on Twitter yesterday he will be playing other shows in the UK in spring), people got excited and thought it was Bruce. Then there was the article that reported Bruce would be touring with the E Street Band next year, he's since said it isn't true.

tenor.gif?itemid=5926353

I'm guessing not that one?

He wishes he was that one.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It is quite strange to think about describing him in a purely music context, cos a major part of his appeal is his output/appearances across media. Is he the Hasselhoff of our time?

Weird for me when people describe him from his acting stuff because I only really know him from Childish Gambino. Strange now to think that in 2011, when that music quiz game was big on smartphones, I was the only person at my job, where it was a room of 18 - 21 year olds, who had heard of Childish Gambino. Got laughed at because everybody else thought it sounded like something that would be rubbish.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Wasn't Springsteen rumoured to be McCartney's replacement - if indeed Macca was lined up and dropped out?

Only briefly and only because some writer for the Times took one of his quotes out of context and assumed it meant he was confirming UK shows in 2019. He wasn't, and has subsequently clarified that he's not going to be active (and that various members of his band have various solo things lined up)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jparx said:

I seem to recall the info was Liam subbing Stormzy? Liam, Gambino and LDR (assuming she's not out of contention now) as subs, in that order, would be ace.

I'd say he's definitely smaller over here than in the US. Sub headliner is spot on for him IMO. 

I think I read an article the other day saying she had pulled out of her european festival tour? No idea if that was correct though

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think I read an article the other day saying she had pulled out of her european festival tour? No idea if that was correct though

Lana posted herself that she will be pulling out of some upcoming shows, but I don't think the exact shows are confirmed yet. Doesn't look good though.

37 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Weird for me when people describe him from his acting stuff because I only really know him from Childish Gambino. Strange now to think that in 2011, when that music quiz game was big on smartphones, I was the only person at my job, where it was a room of 18 - 21 year olds, who had heard of Childish Gambino. Got laughed at because everybody else thought it sounded like something that would be rubbish.

He wasn’t very good in 2011 tbf. Although I would have though the only people listening to him in 2011 would be people who knew his acting or standup so you’re weird mate.

Edited by dentalplan