Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Not necessarily acts touring but there's not a thread for new album releases (and new albums normally lead to tours).

Haven't seen if this was spotted in other threads but fwiw...

More here - https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/12/deleted-instagram-story-hints-at-2019-release-from.html

There is a thread but I get that you're thinking about Glasto chances. This would have been a really big hype if Stormzy hadn't already been announced and effectively kiboshed Kendrick's chances.

Tame Impala really lucked out there. Hope they throw in some dope Shakespeare refs.

I quite like it. It’s not as stacked as it used to be, but back then you’d have too much to ever see all of it.

Grande getting a festival on her CV. Headlining Glastonbury 2020 should be a ‘yes, if she wants it’ after that.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Hey, step back and think about that some more. ;)

Thought about it. Yes still going with it.

It’s a chance to get an era defining pop star towards the start of their tenure rather than ten years down the line when people are saying “nah their last album flopped. Defo a sub!”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Thought about it. Yes still going with it.

It’s a chance to get an era defining pop star towards the start of their tenure rather than ten years down the line when people are saying “nah their last album flopped. Defo a sub!”.

Care to point out when a similar weak pure-pop act that sells mostly to kids headlined Glastonbury previously?

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Times are changing, Neil. At one time you'd have been lynched for suggesting that a hip-hop act could or should headline the Pyramid.

I know times are changing. I'm pointing out that they're changing for the worse with musical quality.

And no, I don't include booking hip-hop as that. 

Rick Astley would never have been booked by a 'credible' festival back when he was originally popular. Nowadays he gets booked as headliner by some.

That's not an improvement, or even anywhere close to the same. It's a clear degradation in quality.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I know times are changing. I'm pointing out that they're changing for the worse with musical quality.

And no, I don't include booking hip-hop as that. 

Rick Astley would never have been booked by a 'credible' festival back when he was originally popular. Nowadays he gets booked as headliner by some.

That's not an improvement, or even anywhere close to the same. It's a clear degradation in quality.

Define "quality"

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not Rick Astley or anything of that level. Where what is sold is product and not art.

Nice description, I like that. If that is the measurement of quality then I would agree with you. I can't say I know enough about Arianna Grande specifically to comment on whether she is a "manufactured" artist or has some artistic credibility.

Do you think that modern festival audiences appear to care less about the art and more about the entertainment and that organisers are simply reacting to demand?