Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

15 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Actually, so far they're the biggest name they have by far and also the performance was billed as exclusive in the Iberian Peninsula so probably big money was thrown. 

Looking at the line up I would of thought they were the biggest name announced so far but the poster don't really do anything to suggest that they're some massive headliner type act that they've spent lots of money on. I would say it's more likely that they've done some sort of deal by having the Voidz as well. I know the area have now got some decent sized festivals and a half decent music scene but to be an Iberian peninsula exclusive surely doesn't mean big money. 

I'm not saying this news means they're nailed on just saying this shows that if Glastonbury want them they could do and it wouldn't necessarily break the bank.

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

The Strokes have just been announced for Bilbao BBK a couple of weeks after Glastonbury, as have Cut Copy which I'm sure will please @eastynh.

I have just got out of bed mate as I am on nights. Have had an absolute nightmare of a week. This news has put a right big smile on my face ?

6 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Will be very frustrating if he shows up with Voidz whilst the Strokes are an active band that would be ready to play. A Strokes secret set would be both a possibility and the subject of relentless rumours leading up to and throughout the festival, I'm sure. 

Been pretty obvious for a few years now that the Strokes is the band that pays the bills and the Voidz and AHJ are the bands/projects that fulfill the creative needs of the lead singer and guitarist. I fully expect that Albert Hammond Jnr to be added to the BBK line up and whatever line up the Strokes are on next year.

I would love The Strokes to play although I think they were hit (Reading 2011) and miss (Hyde Park 2015), think it depends on Julian quite a lot. Albert Hammond Jr would be good if they are getting all their bands out, he was excellent when I saw him in London a few years back. They clearly weren't adverse to co-headlining Reading so do they have any potential for Sub /Other Stage headliner or are we thinking Secret Set only if anything due to their love of money?

8 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Christine & The Queens looks like a pretty safe bet. Interpol and Beirut will be nice too

DusCGYeW0AABiRG.jpg:large

Not that I'm a fan but could Marshmello show up as well? He's pretty big, right? Along the same vein as Skrillex and Deadmau5?

I know we've probably got Chemical B's on the Other Stage as well

Just now, dentalplan said:

Doves subbing Little Stevie? Jesus I thought they’d be well bigger than that.

Had literally just text my mate saying the same thing, I was wondering if they might get big enough to headline or be a very special guest at APE but this puts them on bar with Editors, they even had bloody Blossoms headline last year