Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

8 hours ago, Bradders said:

Metronomy are still great live though, which is more than can be said for Kurt.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I really like Metronomy, just feel that their star is waning a bit, the last thing they did of any note was 'Love Letters', right? (I thik there was something else since then, but it didn't really register with me), and that was what, 5 years ago? Feels like a long time anyway.

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I really like Metronomy, just feel that their star is waning a bit, the last thing they did of any note was 'Love Letters', right? (I thik there was something else since then, but it didn't really register with me), and that was what, 5 years ago? Feels like a long time anyway.

They’ve definitely released something since then (they headlined the JP last year) but like you it barely registered with me. I’d see them again just for the Love Letters and English Riviera stuff.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yeah as has been said, Summer 08 came out which had some good tunes on it but definitely felt like a throwaway album to get out of the contract. Hopefully the next one is soon and a return to form.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

https://www.hurricane.de/en/

Hurricane/Southside have added a load of new names. I can't see Tame Impala touring Currents for a fourth summer so if they have a new album out perhaps the talk of them headlining Other might happen.

Just don’t see how they would fit after the names we’ve heard so far, unless they took a step down.

12 hours ago, Odessa said:

Christ was he? I swear everything atm is billed as Kurt Vile and the Violators, but it was just Kurt Vile at Glasto. But maybe he's just changed his marketing; I don't actually remember much about the set other than not enjoying it tbh. 

No you are right. While all or most of his other shows were billed as Kurt Vile and the Violators, he was billed just as Kurt Vile at Glastonbury. I was disappointed too. Standing right at the mixing desk the sound went on and off with the wind and combined with the meh atmosphere I just couldn't enjoy the set. 

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

https://www.hurricane.de/en/

Hurricane/Southside have added a load of new names. I can't see Tame Impala touring Currents for a fourth summer so if they have a new album out perhaps the talk of them headlining Other might happen.

It has been pointed out on the thread for this that Wolf Alice and Bloc Party are on the poster shared on Foo Fighters’ Twitter.

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Some of the names on that very female-centric Primavera Sound lineup would be most welcome. Robyn, Janelle Monae and Suede in particular.

What an annoying way to release a lineup! Happily @Gnarler has grabbed the necessary screenshots, even if it means everyone in alphabetical order:

That's 27 May to 2nd June. So we now have Janelle Monae in Europe a few weeks before and shortly after Glasto.