Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

I love em, they're my favourite band and seen em about 70 times but for me the last album was their worst. They do tend to drop their previous album like a hot rock whatever they do though. I remember seeing em one night towards the end of the Postcards From A Young Man tour when they did more songs from Everything Must Go than the album they were supposed to be promoting.. Resistance Is Futile is the album of theirs that's been least represented on its own tour. I went to three nights and they only played 6 different songs off it over the full tour, averaging four or five a night with a little bit of chopping and changing. Whether that's a reflection of their own feelings towards the album, or it could be the fact that the back catalogue is getting longer without sets getting longer and they feel there's so much stuff they can't leave out.. Wouldn't mind seeing em drop Motorcycle Emptiness or You Love Us for summat else.. I love This Is My Truth, going to four gigs for the tour and can't wait. Really not sure how the album goes down with less obsessive types these days though. Well, it's a charity shop and Cash Converters staple.

Anyway yeah, I'm leaning towards expecting em to be there this time. They've done 94, 99, 03, 07 and 14.. 5 year gap's about right for them. I don't think Other headliner would be right either, don't think they're any more popular than they were last time? I'd quite like em to starting around 4-6ish on the Pyramid and think that's feasible.. Been a fairly gradual decline on the lineup since headlining.. Yeah, I reckon either 4-6ish Pyramid, 6-8ish Other or headline Park.

2 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Got Truth with a fortnight's paper round money when I wor a lad.. Just stuck it on now. I like about half of Resistance Is Futile, I'd probably be happier with it if I band I like rather than my favourite band came out with it.. Didn't stop me buying the fucker on red, white and black vinyl and cassette though, did it? ?

Flipping hell I thought I loved the Manics but that is brilliant. 3 versions of the same record and on cassette. 

Although I love Motorcycle Emptiness and You Love Us I get your point about them. I can't see them dropping either for festival's though. I can see them doing a mid afternoon slot on the Pyramid or 1 of 2 slots on the Other either Friday opener or subbing.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Weezer, Pixies, Pumpkins and YYYs would be the dream. If we get 2/4 i'll be chuffed.

Where are we getting YYYs from?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yesss Weezer is finally happening! No need to worry that they’ll pull too much from their undoubtedly dogshit new album either as they’re usually pretty spot on with playing everything you want (minus Pinkerton in full but can’t win em all).

Are we taking is as guaranteed for them to be there now then.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Where are we getting YYYs from?

Are we taking is as guaranteed for them to be there now then.

Not a guarantee but it would be pretty bad luck for them to not play the festival with a date like that. Does happen with a fair few acts though if I remember correctly... so maybe I'll hold off the celebrations.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not a guarantee but it would be pretty bad luck for them to not play the festival with a date like that. Does happen with a fair few acts though if I remember correctly... so maybe I'll hold off the celebrations.

Tbf they aren't apposed to doing two/even 3 dates in a row and it's probably a good bet that they would book the date before or after Glasto had they been doing 1 or 2 others better playing that period. If they get booked for Werchter anything except for Thursday I'll be less believing off it. Friday 3rd down or high Other, can't see JP headline and I bet they've had to offer something worthwhile to get them.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think the higher end of the Pyramid is already looking pretty stacked without trying to squeeze Weezer in. We need to potentially find room for both Gallaghers, LDR, Dua Lipa, Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend, George Ezra, The War on Drugs, The Beach Boys (Or Brian Wilson's version) and potentially more.

Obviously not all of them will play but there's already a lot of competition for those places and can't see Weezer trumping many of them. Second or third Other seems right to me.

LDR and Camino I'd take out of a prediction and if we get LDR it's a bonus but not expecting it.

8 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

What a bizarre pairing...

Anyway, massively hoping for MSP for next year. Can't see them being a Park act, would be ecstatic if they were JP headliner but can't see that either. Other, or somewhere down the Pyramid list.

They did support them back in 1993 to be fair, back when they were going for that Glam/Stadium Metal sound. :P