Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Pretty much a perfect headliner for them innit. Not sure if this makes Glasto more or less likely. 

Hoping more likely... they're lining a few festivals up now, don't think Bluedot are in the "festival exclusives" market? I dunno. Would love to see Kraftwerk there, tempted to pop down for the day anyway..

3 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Hoping more likely... they're lining a few festivals up now, don't think Bluedot are in the "festival exclusives" market? I dunno. Would love to see Kraftwerk there, tempted to pop down for the day anyway..

Yeah, it doesn't say exclusive anywhere. Would love to go to Blue Dot again, such a great little festival, but it's a long way so all or nothing for me!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, it doesn't say exclusive anywhere. Would love to go to Blue Dot again, such a great little festival, but it's a long way so all or nothing for me!

On me doorstep really, not been yet, just been bad timing. Been well impressed with some of the lineups though. Think if Kraftwerk aren't at Glastonbury I'll have to make an effort to get there for a day...

3 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

On me doorstep really, not been yet, just been bad timing. Been well impressed with some of the lineups though. Think if Kraftwerk aren't at Glastonbury I'll have to make an effort to get there for a day...

Definitely go if you can, it's really good ?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

10 hours ago, VCK said:

The Manics are active next year, doing their own UK tour and then supporting Bon Jovi up until the week of Glastonbury. Could be a possibility. Maybe John Peel or Park headliner?

What a bizarre pairing...

Anyway, massively hoping for MSP for next year. Can't see them being a Park act, would be ecstatic if they were JP headliner but can't see that either. Other, or somewhere down the Pyramid list.

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

What a bizarre pairing...

Anyway, massively hoping for MSP for next year. Can't see them being a Park act, would be ecstatic if they were JP headliner but can't see that either. Other, or somewhere down the Pyramid list.

Tbf, the Manics always seem to be happy to play anywhere. 4 years after their G headline slot they were back subbing Moby. 

i dont think glasto would get kraftwerk to be honest. Are they big enough / right for the other? Are they too big or not right for west holts?

I dont think they fit.

Plus i reckon chemical brothers are headlining the other so kraftwerk and chems might be seen as a bit electronic for the other for the same year.

Plus Kraftwerk would be very expensive, possibly beyond what G are willing / able to offer.

23 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Tbf, the Manics always seem to be happy to play anywhere. 4 years after their G headline slot they were back subbing Moby. 

True. Works for me. My brother is losing his GF virginity next year and we both loved them growing up, will be massive for us if they're there.

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Given how quickly previous Kraftwerk shows have sold out I wouldn't wait too long before jumping.

Tempted by it but not sure I can justify another weekend away so soon after Glasto.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

We're doomed, aren't we?

I think we are.

In Eavis we trust and all that but if the rumour about McCartney is true and other acts seemingly unavailable or priced out we're seriously scraping the barrel. How was their 2013 headline set generally received? I was at another stage at the time but I'd be interested to hear some objective views. My personal ambivalence to the band aside, Mumford & Sons would be the worst booking for some time. Let's hope common sense prevails...

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think we are.

In Eavis we trust and all that but if the rumour about McCartney is true and other acts seemingly unavailable or priced out we're seriously scraping the barrel. How was their 2013 headline set generally received? I was at another stage at the time but I'd be interested to hear some objective views. My personal ambivalence to the band aside, Mumford & Sons would be the worst booking for some time. Let's hope common sense prevails...

Mrs Jass enjoyed it. I thought it was dogshit.

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

True. Works for me. My brother is losing his GF virginity next year and we both loved them growing up, will be massive for us if they're there.

They don't seem to get the best press these days, and even I'm baffled by how quickly they've abandoned the new album to promote the 20th anniversary of TIMTTMY, but....

They were bang on form at Beautiful Days. I'd happily go watch them again if they appear, but where they'd pop up is a question.

I reckon they'd be too big for JP, but then I could have said that about Suede.  Other opener seems viable; got enough back catalogue for the nostalgia aspect, but still releasing new material. Quite similar to James 2016 in that respect. I'd like 'em higher just because they'd put me in a great mood for a big night to follow, but Other headliner just doesn't seem right.