Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Allegedly there's a Spice Girls reunion announcement at 3pm today, including UK tour dates...

Edit: no Victoria Beckham though, so I'm not sure how they'll sound without that fifth harmony

That would surely make them sound infinitely better. They will have no problems shifting tickets for that. Doubt they would be anywhere near GF though as this seems to be solely for the cash. 

Edited by Doug85

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

That would surely make them sound infinitely better. They will have no problems shifting tickets for that. Doubt they would be anywhere near GF though as this seems to be solely for the cash. 

Be interesting to see where they're playing, whether it's arenas or stadia.

I'd guess London Stadium, Anfield, maybe Villa Park/Coventry and the Stadium of Light in Sunderland.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd guess London Stadium, Anfield, maybe Villa Park/Coventry and the Stadium of Light in Sunderland.

The rumours kicking about the web for a while have been stadiums.

I read somewhere (dunno if it’s true) that there’s only one artist playing the London Stadium in summer because of the basketball. Possibly interesting if both Muse and Spice Muse avoid it.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I remember some random absolutely ages ago on here saying Alice in Chains had been booked to play the Pyramid in 2019.

A strange booking if true, especially as there's no realistic hope of them troubling the top order of the Pyramid. AIC playing the Pyramid at 4pm in brilliant sunshine is a bizarre prospect.

Surely higher up the Other or even headlining the JP would be a better option?

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah i've a feeling it will be a stadium tour. Wembley or London Stadium for multiple nights that ends up having more dates announced (on a weekend) when their 10 dates on a midweek sell out ( hate it when acts do that as i'd always prefer a weekend) 

Stadium of Light has just announced they are hosting gigs again so that's a probable too

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

A strange booking if true, especially as there's no realistic hope of them troubling the top order of the Pyramid. AIC playing the Pyramid at 4pm in brilliant sunshine is a bizarre prospect.

Surely higher up the Other or even headlining the JP would be a better option?

That’s pretty much what people said to dismiss it. If they’re an arena headliner it doesn’t seem that weird to have them on there.

I’m not saying that them touring makes it any more credible, just that your post reminded me.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I read somewhere (dunno if it’s true) that there’s only one artist playing the London Stadium in summer because of the basketball. Possibly interesting if both Muse and Spice Muse avoid it.

The basketball? How come? Surely the Copper Box and stadium can still be used at the same time. Also, why would it be prioritised? 

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I remember some random absolutely ages ago on here saying Alice in Chains had been booked to play the Pyramid in 2019.

Yeah I remembered about this when they were announced for Rock Am Ring. They seem a strange band to book two years in advance but equally it was such a strange thing to post I almost believe it. 

I also had no idea Braehead arena was still a thing, although going by setlist.fm it's only been used three times in the last six years for greats such as Dimitri Vegas, Megadeth and Scooter.