Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

Yeah, JV took time off for personal troubles and this is just an extension of the same tour. Would be nice if he did surprise us with one but it may also be pretty unreasonable to expect a new album.

I think, of any possible APE headliners, Bon Iver are about the most likely to do that and Glastonbury in tandem. Justin seems to be there every other year.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Bon Iver announced for NOS Alive. So that’s a show two weeks after Glasto and two weeks before in Europe. Seems quite likely now.

Oh boy. Oh boy!

I'm desperate for this one. Raved about the Hammersmith show more than I've had hot dinners but it just feels 'right' for them to get a headline off the back of the last record. Here's to hoping the stars align because one things for sure, it will be an unforgettable set if it does happen. 

Edited by jyoung

10 minutes ago, radioahed said:

The Beach boys are playing Hull arena 22 June. Just been announced, not sure where the tour goes but week before puts them in the area (well the country)

I thought they'd be there after those RAH dates were announced but looks very unlikely now. https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour

image.png.8e7d892b479a436fd2ad9ae31209316e.png

19 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Oh boy. Oh boy!

I'm desperate for this one. Raved about the Hammersmith show more than I've had hot dinners but it just feels 'right' for them to get a headline off the back of the last record. Here's to hoping the stars align because one things for sure, it will be an unforgettable set if it does happen. 

Yeah Hammersmith was up there alright. Amazing from start to finish. Fuck it it’s Halloween, it was spellbinding. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

Skinny Lister are on tour in the spring with a new album coming out in March.  They only played in 2017 so don't know if they'll be back again so soon, but fingers crossed :)

I hope they put them on on Fri/Sat this time if they do. Dishing out jugs of rum looked awesome but by Sunday night I'd had my fill and couldn't be bothered with a rum party, especially with an eight hour journey home to look forward to. 

10 minutes ago, chatty said:

I hope they put them on on Fri/Sat this time if they do. Dishing out jugs of rum looked awesome but by Sunday night I'd had my fill and couldn't be bothered with a rum party, especially with an eight hour journey home to look forward to. 

There's always time for a rum party!

I was amazed at how little movement there was in that crowd tbh. Especially as it was Avalon

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Bloody hell. I'm ashamed to admit I know little about these/ him.  Where do I start?

They've three LP's, so won't take long to listen to them all. Just do it chronologically, depending on what you're used to it will become increasingly alternative and electronic. If falsetto isn't your thing, it may be a bit of a challenge though :P Probably upcoming shows will also mainly feature songs of the last album, could take you some listens to get into.

Justin Vernon, the front man, has quite some sideprojects as well, like Big Red Machine and Volcano Choir. Bon Iver/Justin Vernon have some nice acoustic stuff on YouTube that's worth checking out.

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

They've three LP's, so won't take long to listen to them all. Just do it chronologically, depending on what you're used to it will become increasingly alternative and electronic. If falsetto isn't your thing, it may be a bit of a challenge though :P Probably upcoming shows will also mainly feature songs of the last album, could take you some listens to get into.

Justin Vernon, the front man, has quite some sideprojects as well, like Big Red Machine and Volcano Choir. Bon Iver/Justin Vernon have some nice acoustic stuff on YouTube that's worth checking out.

Thanks. Chronologicality is my aim. I've heard his voice but had never taken the plunge, 3 albums is manageable :)

3 hours ago, zico martin said:

Bloody hell. I'm ashamed to admit I know little about these/ him.  Where do I start?

Strap yourself in because you're about to experience a bit of a rollercoaster. Time to have a LOT of fun and revisit a LOT of emotions! One of my favs.

Late to the party, but I hope The Courteeners remember they have a cup of tea and go to drink it, really look forward to it, but then when they pick it up, they realise they drank it 10 minutes ago.

I hope the Courteeners do that silly thing where they stub their toe just walking along the ground.

I hope the Courteeners are going up stairs and then they reach the top step and keep going up even though they've reached the top.

I hope the Courteeners get to the front of the queue in Tesco Express and get their headphones lead all tangled up whilst trying to press pause on their "lads tunes playlist", with the checkout assistant staring expectantly at them all the time, with the queue growing behind them.

I hope the Courteeners use their contactless card and feel quite cool doing it, only to be told that their shopping comes to £30.12 and they have to enter their PIN. And the assistant calls it a PIN number and they want to say something, but they already feel like a dick for trying to use their contactless card when it's over £30.

• Upvote 1

I hope it's The Courteeners' round and they've been asked to get a coke, but the person serving says "is Pepsi ok?" and they say yes. But when they bring the drinks back it turns out Pepsi definitely wasn't ok and that The Courteeners could have got a bottle of coke. They offer to go back and change it, but they're told "it's ok", when it's very clear it's not ok. At all. Every sip of Pepsi is very awkward. Every time The Courteeners offer to get a coke, it just gets worse, so they just sit there, feeling awful.

Edited by stuartbert two hats