Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

9 hours ago, zero000 said:

https://pitchfork.com/news/ariana-grande-announces-tour/

Ariana Grande is touring next year and her American tour ends two weeks before Glastonbury. Outside chance at a headline slot? Plenty of bangers and young and relevant unlike the rest of the old codgers allegedly headlining. 

Don't See her being the top headline act but at least a high pyramid act. Probably the katy perry slot from last year.

She is still yet to release UK/Europe date so if she does and there is a slot open. Could see her doing a set

Tweeted Glasto regular and Dub Pistols front man Barry Ashworth to see if he would be attending in any capacity next year. They have tour dates in May and July but he said he/they aren’t booked as yet. I’m not sure as to the booking schedules of the smaller stages maybe @eFestivals could shed some light on this? 

5 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

Tweeted Glasto regular and Dub Pistols front man Barry Ashworth to see if he would be attending in any capacity next year. They have tour dates in May and July but he said he/they aren’t booked as yet. I’m not sure as to the booking schedules of the smaller stages maybe @eFestivals could shed some light on this? 

I know they can still be booking in April / May, but I've not much idea when it starts or where in the process for any stage an act such as Dub Pistols might be contacted.

As there some acts that play more than one stage, it might be the case that a stage or two might have them in mind to book, but is hoping another of the stages books them first - as that would perhaps save that second booking money &/or tickets they have to supply to bands. 

16 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I know they can still be booking in April / May, but I've not much idea when it starts or where in the process for any stage an act such as Dub Pistols might be contacted.

As there some acts that play more than one stage, it might be the case that a stage or two might have them in mind to book, but is hoping another of the stages books them first - as that would perhaps save that second booking money &/or tickets they have to supply to bands. 

Barry was tweeting a while back about getting back on the Glade. I know @deebeedoobee and myself were both supportive of his plans!

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Barry was tweeting a while back about getting back on the Glade. I know @deebeedoobee and myself were both supportive of his plans!

I would imagine the Glade would book the band as a whole first, then the Engine Room for example would come in and book a DJ set. It makes sense that the smaller stages would book up until April/May, but at what point they would contact a band who has regularly played that stage in the past is anyone’s guess I suppose. Either way I hope they make it back after taking 2017 off, always put on a great show and Bazza is a top bloke! 

14 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

I would imagine the Glade would book the band as a whole first, then the Engine Room for example would come in and book a DJ set. It makes sense that the smaller stages would book up until April/May, but at what point they would contact a band who has regularly played that stage in the past is anyone’s guess I suppose. Either way I hope they make it back after taking 2017 off, always put on a great show and Bazza is a top bloke! 

Fully back this. Seen them a few times at Boomtown over the last few years and always play a good set (live or DJ)

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

It's my 15/16 year old daughter first festival so I'd like the kooks playing for her and her besty's benefit I guess. 

The more stuff I won't be tempted by the better as well!

You can have the Kooks on the condition that you also commit to taking them both to see something wilfully obscure :lol:

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

You can have the Kooks on the condition that you also commit to taking them both to see something wilfully obscure :lol:

Oh of course. They are at 'that difficult age' though and are insistent that they'll be doing their own think for 6 days but my wife wants us (me) to keep an eye on them. It's about striking the right balance I'm sure they'll both have a life changing week :)

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The 'if' is doing a lot of work in that sentence.

True. But the fact they're being booked to headline - above Blossoms who have their own stadium gig next summer - means someone thinks they're bigger than JP level.

Although maybe they realise that merely having Gerry Cinnamon on the bill means they'll all be snapped up in a flash - Billy, Billy, Billy fucking Joel!