Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They've got a song on a recent FIFA which is a decent tune but that's all I know. Was gonna say pre-legend seems too big a slot but at the same time I didn't realise they were big enough to be playing Ally Pally, so yeah.

Sold out 3 nights at Brixton last month too. Clearly you don’t need a binary gender, or a sensible name, to be popular.

10 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I saw her at free show last year and thought she was phenominal. I would guarentee she'll be on the farm. 

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The "gender non-binary" part didn't last long then.

Damnit, I need to try harder, I didnt even think but I'm a jerk. 

*I saw them at a free show last year and I thought they were phenominal. I would guarentee they'll be on the farm. 

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Damnit, I need to try harder, I didnt even think but I'm a jerk. 

*I saw them at a free show last year and I thought they were phenominal. I would guarentee they'll be on the farm. 

Doing better than most of the country who seem to just turn their nose up at it all 

49 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Pink announcing Euro shows on Tuesday and judging by her announcement video of the announcement, there's definitely a London gig. Given her size, she'd be a big, BIG sub these days (I'd honestly consider her headliner material) but expecting she'll go where the money is.

BST/TRNSMT/Manchester open-air show.

To be fair she's definitely got the back catalogue to make for a great headline show ( in my opinion). 

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Pink announcing Euro shows on Tuesday and judging by her announcement video of the announcement, there's definitely a London gig. Given her size, she'd be a big, BIG sub these days (I'd honestly consider her headliner material) but expecting she'll go where the money is.

BST/TRNSMT/Manchester open-air show.

Could and should 100% sub Glastonbury at least.  Sadly if she’s doing BST (which she probably is) then I very much doubt she’ll be allowed to sub a festival. 

Pink was daytime fodder at V around ten years ago - fair enough she returned to headline but without researching her billings elsewhere, I'd guess that may be more down to V's plight than her stepping up.

She's as much as a Glastonbury headliner as Katy Perry imho.

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Pink was daytime fodder at V around ten years ago - fair enough she returned to headline but without researching her billings elsewhere, I'd guess that may be more down to V's plight than her stepping up.

She's as much as a Glastonbury headliner as Katy Perry imho.

Yeah this. If Pink did play Glastonbury I cant see her getting anything other than the same slot as Katy Perry, Paloma Faith, Shakira etc had before her. They're just perfect for that time of the day imo - big cheesy pop sing alongs in the (hopefully) scorching sun.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this. If Pink did play Glastonbury I cant see her getting anything other than the same slot as Katy Perry, Paloma Faith, Shakira etc had before her. They're just perfect for that time of the day imo - big cheesy pop sing alongs in the (hopefully) scorching sun.

Is Pink really no better than a cheesy pop star? I always thought she had a bit of an edge, perhaps I'm just soft!

On 9/28/2018 at 5:10 PM, henry bear said:

I find him dull live, but each to their own.

I saw him a couple of years back and it was the worst gig I've been to.  Totally boring, no interaction with the audience at all, everything played slowly - even bloody Layla!  It was like he didn't want to be there at all.  I said to my husband that we should have saved our money, stayed at home and played a CD.

In contrast, we saw the Who around the same time and it was a brilliant night - they seemed to be having a ball too.

44 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Is Pink really no better than a cheesy pop star? I always thought she had a bit of an edge, perhaps I'm just soft!

Maybe cheesy was the wrong word, but I don't think she has much more of an edge than other pop stars (although she was initially portrayed as somewhat of a 'bad girl' I think that image was soon scrapped).

Ended up seeing Pink at one of her own shows like ten years ago and I've gotta say it was a lot of fun - she'd be great at Glastonbury. I don't see it happening mind as she'll probably just do her own shows/BST.