Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

19 minutes ago, Futurism said:

My guess is Monday for an announcement. 

Florence BST tickets and Muse tickets on sale Friday, so I'm thinking after that, which could make them both possibilities. 

I'd love to see The National play as well.

If we get weather like this year it will all be good ☀ 

Can't see Muse playing. I would like them to be there but because of their tour dates, I don't think they will bother with IOW.

5 hours ago, Futurism said:

Florence BST tickets and Muse tickets on sale Friday, so I'm thinking after that, which could make them both possibilities. 

Muse's two dates so far have only sold out one section (cheap seats i think it is) and they are about to add another date. No chance.

I'm hopeful of someone rather good.

However - time is money. If it's someone really, really good - they'll want to sell tickets as soon and as quickly as they can to get cash in to the coffers...

An early announcement will get the sales going.... And not too close to Xmas as everyone has spent up.

So it doesn't look promising at this stage.

C'mon Giddings - get your finger out.

2 hours ago, galbani said:

I'm hopeful of someone rather good.

However - time is money. If it's someone really, really good - they'll want to sell tickets as soon and as quickly as they can to get cash in to the coffers...

An early announcement will get the sales going.... And not too close to Xmas as everyone has spent up.

So it doesn't look promising at this stage.

C'mon Giddings - get your finger out.

Agree.  Absolute radio are normally all over it.  Not mentioned it at all so far. 

13 hours ago, AMBEV said:

Agree.  Absolute radio are normally all over it.  Not mentioned it at all so far. 

Yeah, they usually announce on their show what I remember. TBH the longer it goes on the worse I think the line up will be. I’m sure there will be bands I like there but for headliners I can’t see there being ones Id want unless The Cure get the nod 

Edited by utwothefly

On 12/5/2018 at 11:48 AM, Futurism said:

I don't think tickets will sell near as quick as they need to be at IOW too. The Prodigy sticks out for me but that's it. Think IOW may now have a case of they'll get one year where its okay and they get over the line...they also didn't have Glasto battling but then they've used them 

I think it's only a small percentage of EB and Islander tickets... enough cashflow to keep them going for admin / upfront costs...

Que sera sera

Tickets bought (EB) so will be there. Just glad not going to see jayzee or kayzee layzee or stormzee or whatever it is. Or Beyonce for that matter. Or Justin Bieber.

23 minutes ago, galbani said:

I think it's only a small percentage of EB and Islander tickets... enough cashflow to keep them going for admin / upfront costs...

Que sera sera

Tickets bought (EB) so will be there. Just glad not going to see jayzee or kayzee layzee or stormzee or whatever it is. Or Beyonce for that matter. Or Justin Bieber.

with live nations involved ,cant be a bad thing

19 minutes ago, retrokev said:

Neon with all your negatives sarcasm and tongue in cheek .Who do you think we will get playing/headliner

Thank you for showing such an interest.

I did already post my thoughts on 2 November , although I now think I may have been terribly ambitious.

I am sorry if my postings concern you I trying to be funny at most times.

Please feel free to ignore any or all as you feel the need.

But rest assured that if you happen to bump into me at a festival I will buy you a couple of pints or your chosen equivalent.

• Like 1