Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

Pretty gutted at Cage The Elephant but still going to be a top weekend and lots on offer - here's my plan...

THURSDAY STAGE TIME
Beastie Boys tribute act Electro Love 19.00 - 19.45
Bon Jovi tribute act Electro Love 20.00 - 20.45
Ska'd For Live Kashmir Cafe 21.00 - 21.40
Silent Disco Platform One Stage 22.45 - 00.00

FRIDAY STAGE TIME
30Ten presents: IOW Fest bangers Electro Love 15.00 - 15.45
DMA'S Main Stage 16.40 - 17.15
Gerry Cinnamon Main Stage 17.30 - 18.05
James Main Stage 18.25 - 19.20
Lily Allen Main Stage 19.45 - 20.40
Courteeners Main Stage 21.10 - 22.10
Noel Gallagher Main Stage 22.40 - 00.00
Hacienda Classical Big Top

23.30 - 1.00

SATURDAY STAGE TIME
KT Tunstall Main Stage 14.00 - 14.40
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly Hard Rock Stage 14.35 - 15.05
Sundra Karma Main Stage 15.10 - 15.50
Michael Jackson tribute act Electro Love 17.00 - 17.45
Friendly Fires Big Top TBC
Miles Kane Big Top 19.45 - 20.35
Rockaoke Old Mout 21. 00 - 22.00
Fatboy Slim Main Stage 22.15 - 00.00
Silent Disco Platform One Stage 22.30 - 2.00

SUNDAY STAGE TIME
Feet Big Top 14.15 - 14.50
Mystery Jets Big Top 16.40 - 17.25
Madness Main Stage 17.20 - 18.10
IDLES Big Top 18.00 - 18.50
The Coral Big Top 19.30 - 20.20
Richard Ashcroft Main Stage 20.00 - 21.00
Biffy Clyro Main Stage 21.30 - 22.50
Keane Big Top 23.00 - 00.00

Hey,

What's the security like going into the campsite? Is every person searched thoroughly, like a full bag inspection for some and more of a brief pat down in the bag thing for others?

With the sniffer dogs how common are they heading in and during the searches? Does the handler make the dog sniff out every bag?

23 hours ago, c47_ecompany said:

Hey,

What's the security like going into the campsite? Is every person searched thoroughly, like a full bag inspection for some and more of a brief pat down in the bag thing for others?

With the sniffer dogs how common are they heading in and during the searches? Does the handler make the dog sniff out every bag?

2/3 of my bags got searched and everyone walked past a dog.

Not much queue to Get in on site. A few muddy paths and puddles but walking boots still best much footwear of choice

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Q: what it's the difference between an hour and an hour and a half long Ashcroft set? 

A: an extra half hour of dross.

We left when Jess Glyn didn’t show. Glad we did, not massive fans of the last 2 artists but heard the majority of the sets on absolute radio on the way home. 

Enjoyed the weekend what ever the acts. 

Wont be taking children again, I’m to selfish and want me time. 

Will be doing camper van next year, too old to be lugging stuff that distance. 

Will be complaining to pink moon. 1am curfew yet had to complain 3 times about people pissed up and falling into tents at 3am. Poor security. 

Jess Glyn should be black balled for pulling out. 3? This year?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Q: what it's the difference between an hour and an hour and a half long Ashcroft set? 

A: an extra half hour of dross.

What a stupid thing to write. I bet you were one of those idiots shouting ‘Mon the Biff’ when Ashcroft was playing - incredibly pathetic and disrespectful to a legend in British music. I like Biffy, but I love RA and it was a shame that people like you tried to ruin his set for everyone else, for absolutely no reason at all. As the old saying goes - if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything. Oh, and by the way, the Verve were bigger and will ALWAYS be bigger than Biffy will ever be. Goodnight xo

3 hours ago, hey_im_liam said:

What a stupid thing to write. I bet you were one of those idiots shouting ‘Mon the Biff’ when Ashcroft was playing - incredibly pathetic and disrespectful to a legend in British music. I like Biffy, but I love RA and it was a shame that people like you tried to ruin his set for everyone else, for absolutely no reason at all. As the old saying goes - if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything. Oh, and by the way, the Verve were bigger and will ALWAYS be bigger than Biffy will ever be. Goodnight xo

I agree with you and had a blast at the festival. I was in large group and it’s seems wild to say but at the time we even enjoy lily allen, weird or what ?

Richard Ashcroft and Biffy were good and there was loads of other great acts on ms and everywhere else.

If you don’t like festivals don’t go??