Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

I think the idea is if you want to sit down in a chair then you have to do it at the back.

It's madness having loads of people sat in chairs near the front. Just asking for trouble. 

Edited by Henrik

4 minutes ago, galbani said:

Bit worried about the food thing though.... Festfood is usually crap....

Yeah IOW not great at all for food - it's slim pickings. There is usually a Mexican place there that is pretty decent. I try to just stick to beer tbh

Hi everyone,

Long term follower and first time poster! We have just purchased a small buggy/cart to carry our tent and luggage over and am a little concerned about getting from the ferry terminal to the campsite on the bus, it will be fairly inconvenient and time consuming to unload it and pack it up for the bus, surely I'm not the first to have this problem though, any advice or knowledge?! Thanks in advance!

Buggy.jpg

Food situation....

I have a medical condition and can't / won't eat the shite they serve up there.

I emailed the fest and they've sent me an exemption letter. I need to bring medical proof on the day.

It does look like that this year they're going to impose a 'no own food' rule. I suspect that a lot of people will be disappointed / annoyed, particularly on the first day.

It's a shame as a nice picnic, in the sunshine, sitting on a rug, or in a camping chair (at the front of the main stage), listening to great sounds, is a highlight of the festival.

I suppose with such a poor line-up numbers will be down and they need to recoup via catering...

9 minutes ago, galbani said:

Food situation....

I have a medical condition and can't / won't eat the shite they serve up there.

I emailed the fest and they've sent me an exemption letter. I need to bring medical proof on the day.

It does look like that this year they're going to impose a 'no own food' rule. I suspect that a lot of people will be disappointed / annoyed, particularly on the first day.

It's a shame as a nice picnic, in the sunshine, sitting on a rug, or in a camping chair (at the front of the main stage), listening to great sounds, is a highlight of the festival.

I suppose with such a poor line-up numbers will be down and they need to recoup via catering...

Yes, the food stalls obviously pay a high price to be their so it is no surprise , but it easy to eat elsewhere or whatever.

its not a picnic after all ?

1 hour ago, rfc_478 said:

My way out has changed from 12 to 12.15. No big deal! 

That's the same for me but also the one on the way back has moved from 5pm to 7pm. Going to be a long day and work on the Tuesday!

Edited by Jen91

1 hour ago, Jen91 said:

That's the same for me but also the one on the way back has moved from 5pm to 7pm. Going to be a long day and work on the Tuesday!

Ah yes that’s more of a pain. Thankfully my way back has stayed at 4pm, I don’t envy you having a late crossing with work on Tuesday! 

9 hours ago, RedC said:

Last minute change of plan and intending to drive over. Can anyone advise on the parking situation ? 

Are tickets required in advance ? Is there more than one place to park ?

Yes think it’s £10, don’t know if you can pay in the day. 

30 minutes ago, hey_im_liam said:

Cage The Elephant have pulled out. Do you reckon they’ll be able to find a replacement? 

CDDC736F-247B-4216-80EF-2FFDBD68BE0E.png

Ah, gutted. I quite like them and have always managed to miss them at previous festivals but was planning on catching them this time. Ah well, no one’s fault. 

I’d imagine it’s too late to get a band of a similar size to play, but I guess you never know.