Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

11 hours ago, AMBEV said:

24mph winds on the Friday forecast atm.  At what point does it become a problem for the main stage? ?

24mph winds? On the Beaufort Wind Scale, 24mph is considered a "fresh breeze".

Pretty sure it will be fine mate.

First time at the festival, couple of questions if anyone can help

Are there any phone charging kiosks ?

Is there security at both entrances? ( if I go into town and come back with supplies a few times should I expect to be searched at Gate A2 entrance before I can get to my tent in general camping 

Thanks for any replies

17 hours ago, AMBEV said:

24mph winds on the Friday forecast atm.  At what point does it become a problem for the main stage? ?

6 years ago they delayed opening the main arena till they rigged it out more. 

Not sure where you looking but looks fairly good with nothing over 14 . I’m sure you should not be concerned as if there was a problem it is not really yours or mine?

i hope that you have a great festival and perchance I was to bump into I will certainly buy you a pint ❤️

3 hours ago, galbani said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/iow2019

Or download the App.

But Clashfinder is better

On 6/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, Neon said:

Not sure where you looking but looks fairly good with nothing over 14 . I’m sure you should not be concerned as if there was a problem it is not really yours or mine?

i hope that you have a great festival and perchance I was to bump into I will certainly buy you a pint ❤️

It’s changed a lot now.  

Weather is looking too notch??

You cant miss me.  I’m 7’ and will rarely have a top on if the sun is out. 

Hey there, first time going this year have a few questions:

• Is there a last admission for camping on Friday? We will be arriving at about 7:30 to 8pm friday night and want to set up our tent before entering the arena. We only have one tent so i'm assuming it will be possible to find a place to set it up but can we still enter at that time and get our wristbands?
  • Am i right thinking you can just bring alcohol in? Like you don't have to smuggle it in like at some other festivals can't see anything explicit on the website.
  • What is the site like, is it going to be long walks back to the tent and between stages? Will hiking boots be needed or not - is it hilly too?
  • What are the bar prices like?
  • Anything else I should know?
  • Neither ticket has our names on it, are they on it with that or is it fine. Both were bought below facevalue etc so should be fine right?
Edited by gfa

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Hey there, first time going this year have a few questions:

• Is there a last admission for camping on Friday? We will be arriving at about 7:30 to 8pm friday night and want to set up our tent before entering the arena. We only have one tent so i'm assuming it will be possible to find a place to set it up but can we still enter at that time and get our wristbands?
  • Am i right thinking you can just bring alcohol in? Like you don't have to smuggle it in like at some other festivals can't see anything explicit on the website.
  • What is the site like, is it going to be long walks back to the tent and between stages? Will hiking boots be needed or not - is it hilly too?
  • What are the bar prices like?
  • Anything else I should know?
  • Neither ticket has our names on it, are they on it with that or is it fine. Both were bought below facevalue etc so should be fine right?

You can take alcohol into camping not into Arena.

Not hilly.

Bar prices are above average.

tickets do not have names ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Neon said:

You can take alcohol into camping not into Arena.

Not hilly.

Bar prices are above average.

tickets do not have names ?

Thanks

They do have names but just not my name on it :) 

3 minutes ago, Neon said:

How weird there is no name on my ticket or any of the tickets I have seen online??

One is an eticket and the other i haven't got yet, i just assumed. If some don't have names obviously it doesn't matter then :) 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

One is an eticket and the other i haven't got yet, i just assumed. If some don't have names obviously it doesn't matter then :) 

I was wondering about this. I bought two tickets on twickets which are e-tickets and have the original purchaser's name printed on them. Do they ask for ID on entry? Thanks

If you're on the fence about wellies it's probably better to take them and not use them then wish you'd brought them along. That said I swear by a pair of decent walking boots for any festival. 

The forecast for this week has got a lot better so hopefully the ground will be in decent condition when the gates open.