Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

I'm coming to the IOW Festival for the first time this year and would appreciate if anyone can help with a few questions.

Firstly, going to be coming up on the Wednesday as I'm volunteering. Does anyone know my transport options for getting from East or West Cowes Ferry Terminal to the festival? Everything I've found only has details for Thursday onwards.

Also, are you able to leave and re-enter the festival?

Finally, does anyone know if I'm likely to struggle to get a place on the passenger ferry on the way back? Can only pre-book a time slot if taking a car, not for on foot. And as I'm volunteering on Monday morning I will be one of the last to the ferry and I'm just worried about being stuck?

Thanks for any help!

9 hours ago, Watermelon1 said:

I'm coming to the IOW Festival for the first time this year and would appreciate if anyone can help with a few questions.

Firstly, going to be coming up on the Wednesday as I'm volunteering. Does anyone know my transport options for getting from East or West Cowes Ferry Terminal to the festival? Everything I've found only has details for Thursday onwards.

Also, are you able to leave and re-enter the festival?

Finally, does anyone know if I'm likely to struggle to get a place on the passenger ferry on the way back? Can only pre-book a time slot if taking a car, not for on foot. And as I'm volunteering on Monday morning I will be one of the last to the ferry and I'm just worried about being stuck?

Thanks for any help!

You will have no problems, the Redjet passenger ferry goes from Southampton to West Cowes and is a regular service.

As long as you have a wristband you can of course leave and re enter the festival as you wish.

As for the ferry back there may be a bit of a wait but you will certainly not be stuck and by going for it a little later you may well benefit.

Have fun.

13 hours ago, Neon said:

You will have no problems, the Redjet passenger ferry goes from Southampton to West Cowes and is a regular service.

As long as you have a wristband you can of course leave and re enter the festival as you wish.

As for the ferry back there may be a bit of a wait but you will certainly not be stuck and by going for it a little later you may well benefit.

Have fun.

Thanks so much for that. Do you know if there's many transport options for getting from the ferry terminal to the festival if I'm arriving on the Wednesday? All of the shuttle buses, etc, that I've seen online only have details for Thursday onwards. Thanks again 

13 hours ago, Watermelon1 said:

Thanks so much for that. Do you know if there's many transport options for getting from the ferry terminal to the festival if I'm arriving on the Wednesday? All of the shuttle buses, etc, that I've seen online only have details for Thursday onwards. Thanks again 

The number 1 bus goes from the Redjet terminal to Newport every 10mins or so.

You can easy walk from Newport bus station to festival site.

There are buses that go along the Fairlee Road but at some stage the road is closed in that direction, not sure when .

There are of course Taxis just outside the bus station.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:58 AM, Neon said:

The number 1 bus goes from the Redjet terminal to Newport every 10mins or so.

You can easy walk from Newport bus station to festival site.

There are buses that go along the Fairlee Road but at some stage the road is closed in that direction, not sure when .

There are of course Taxis just outside the bus station.

Perfect, thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Dan846 said:

Just a quick question, we will be able to leave the site during the weekend when the festival is on? And if so, is there a local shop/supermarket within walking distance where we could restock food and drink?

Cheers

Yeah, you can come and go as you please but I don't remember seeing a local shop nearby so I had to get a bus for supplies.

If you look on google maps, I think the exit is at public footpath N121. The house right on the corner has a stall selling drinks and hot food. Nice place to sit for breakfast. I've just looked and it's a 2 mile walk (downhill) into town, which means a 2 mile walk uphill with anything you've bought. Also it's a 1 mile walk from the campervan field to the main stage.

Edited by km9

5 hours ago, Dan846 said:

Thanks both, I've looked at the map and there's a Lidl in short walking distance from the site. Do we know which area of Seaclose Park is the entrance/exit? Or are there several?

There are loads of shops within walking distance of the festival. Lidl is probably the closest - maybe a 10 minute walk. 

Edited by Henrik

1 hour ago, km9 said:

If you look on google maps, I think the exit is at public footpath N121. The house right on the corner has a stall selling drinks and hot food. Nice place to sit for breakfast. I've just looked and it's a 2 mile walk (downhill) into town, which means a 2 mile walk uphill with anything you've bought. Also it's a 1 mile walk from the campervan field to the main stage.

There are many exits the one you have mentioned is not the closest to Newport.

it is only about 15 min walk from exit to Newport  with all shops and a Wetherspoon’s if you need one?

There is a shuttle bus also.

I would recommend walking straight past the wetherspoons and going anywhere else.

Thanks for clearing up my info about exits. I haven't been in a few years, but when I did go I was always in the campervan field so that's the exit we always used.

What I mean is, it's always heaving, and if you're going for food, they put on a distinctly average buffet breakfast during the festival. Try going a little bit further for somewhere a bit nicer. We usually go to the Cedars near Wootton Bridge.

52 minutes ago, km9 said:

What I mean is, it's always heaving, and if you're going for food, they put on a distinctly average buffet breakfast during the festival. Try going a little bit further for somewhere a bit nicer. We usually go to the Cedars near Wootton Bridge.

I stay in a luxury hotel so breakfast/food is no problem.

I will give the Cedars a try while i am there, thanks.

Are there separate queues to get into the site if you are camping or just coming to the festival site each day? What are the non-camping queues normally like to get in?

Me and quite a few friends are staying offsite a few miles away and I'm concerned that we might be queuing for hours each day just to get into the festival.

8 hours ago, Bluebird90 said:

Are there separate queues to get into the site if you are camping or just coming to the festival site each day? What are the non-camping queues normally like to get in?

Me and quite a few friends are staying offsite a few miles away and I'm concerned that we might be queuing for hours each day just to get into the festival.

The biggest queues for those camping will be Thursday, maybe a bit on Friday morning. After that it’ll just be people coming and going, shouldn’t be a problem