Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

11 hours ago, Neon said:

But your negative does no good, for some reason folks use this forum to put the festival down.

Liam - forums are about sharing opinions, sometimes contentious, often different, picking up hints and tips and for offering praise and criticism where necessary - and yes - this form of communication can sometimes be misinterpreted. I'm pleased you love the bill, and are excited to be going. For my part, I'll be excited to be going but at the moment don't love the line-up.

I've been a few times to the island and we've seen some tremendous headliners and some surprisingly good supports - bands I wouldn't normally go to listen to but they were fantastic. I hope that this is the case this year.

Neon - we've been for the last 5 years. We used to go to V as well - until this line-up went from indie to poptastic. I started this thread with this comment: 'Had another amazing time at IoW 2018 - just seemed to be over so quickly!' Hardly putting it down. Quite the opposite.

From what I've read, people on this forum had high expectations for this year. And last year for that matter. I quite like last year. Apart from the killers who I consider are boring. I praised the lineup.

This year, for me, is different. The undercard is the biggest draw.

Headliners? George and Biffy will be ok but they're not major festival headliners. No thanks Noel. We saw the last Oasis gig ever. Utter garbage.

Lily Allen? Please no.

We'll go. We'll have a good time. Great time? Remains to be seen. It could have been worse. Much worse..... Spice Grrrls.... stop right now. Thank you very much.

13 hours ago, galbani said:

No thanks Noel. We saw the last Oasis gig ever. Utter garbage.

I saw Oasis about a week before then and they weren't great, Saw Noel and chums at Victorious a few years ago and it was brilliant, they play a decent amount of Oasis too so take a look at their setlists, it could be worth giving another go. 

27 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I saw Oasis about a week before then and they weren't great, Saw Noel and chums at Victorious a few years ago and it was brilliant, they play a decent amount of Oasis too so take a look at their setlists, it could be worth giving another go. 

oasis at the end were crap.noel is not oasis but a song writer who has written great tunes. class act   to watch live with or without oasis tunes

V2009 Oasis were the headline act. Many fans would have bought tickets just to see Oasis. Some would have bought tickets to see Oasis as well as other bands, but Oasis would have been the main draw.

For them not to turn up and perform (in spirit and physically) shows massive disrespect for the thousands who paid a lot of money to watch / listen to them. True professionals put their personal differences to one side in circumstances such as these.

On that basis alone I won’t give either of them the time of day. I suspect they won’t be particularly concerned though….

For What It's Worth (pardon the pun) I've seen Liam Gallagher four times in the last year and a half... and was blown away every time. Oasis, in my opinion, are one of the greatest bands ever, but I know many will disagree. After all, Radiohead are considered one of the greats but I can't stand them. I grew up listening to Oasis, my dad was such a die-hard that I'm named after the man himself. They're more than music - they created a nationwide mania much like The Beatles did. It was a culture. I don't think anyone has done that since. Saw them in 09' but was very young. Would sell my left lung to see them again.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Dwaynne2019 said:

Does anyone know what time the festival ends on the Sunday as I am booked on the 12-30am ferry back to Portsmouth

Well, as you are booked on the ferry it will be for you 12.30 less the time it takes you get back to the ferry.

for others it will be approx 11.00

which I would assume will be the same !

If not stay the night after leaving the car/whatnot at home and return home on Monday.

you can party on down all night and still live to tell the tale

Have fun and stay calm..

So what are everyone else’s thoughts on who might be added to the line up. I think we’ve got 2 more big top headliners to be added plus the Thursday night line up. Big top headliners I think could be Franz Ferdinand and Happy Monday’s. Thursday night I could see The Darkness or The Fratellis doing it. What are everyone else’s thoughts? 

On 1/25/2019 at 5:15 PM, galbani said:

Booked the ferry, confirmed the hotel so it looks like we're going...

Headliners are not the main draw though. Biffy should be ok. Not big fans of the others. Def not FBS.

Bastille, Courteeners, James, Madness (this'll be a hoot), Miles Kane, Richard Ashcroft,  The Coral, Tom Walker and Hacienda Classical

Idles may be worth a watch.

And for the Mrs - Jess Glynne, Rick (G)Astley (maybe), KT Tunstall

I'm sure there'll be others to fill the space (between us all)

One thing for sure - we won't be getting EB tickets again...

I’m sure the Mrs will enjoy what you have selected for her when she’s finished with the kids.

?

Edited by Neon

Does anybody know how long it will take to get through security and into the campsite?

Also are you able to leave site and come back as you please i.e. to go shopping or sightseeing

I am staying in the Disabled campsite and was told it may be a little quicker as there is a seperate entrance for us.

Not really sure on the first part of your question as I have not camped their, but last year it took me only about 10 mins to exchange ticket for wristband, but of coarse this depends on what time you arrive . Try to avoid the popular times I guess. Once you have your wristband you can come and go as you please.

There  maybe a last entry time but not that I noticed.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:56 AM, Dwaynne2019 said:

Does anybody know how long it will take to get through security and into the campsite?

Also are you able to leave site and come back as you please i.e. to go shopping or sightseeing

I am staying in the Disabled campsite and was told it may be a little quicker as there is a seperate entrance for us.

How longs a peice of string.  When the gates open could take hours.  Around 4ish minuets. 

2 minutes ago, Neon said:

It will will come as you get a little older and more wiser.

:)

You must be very wise using the same word twice ;) "will will"? 

Nah only joking. Yeah I know it will come around obviously but that's the whole point of this forum. To discuss announcements, predict line ups and not just say "it will come when it comes". If you don't care about talking about stuff like that why do you comment on here? Not being mean or anything just being truthful. 

4 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

You must be very wise using the same word twice ;) "will will"? 

Nah only joking. Yeah I know it will come around obviously but that's the whole point of this forum. To discuss announcements, predict line ups and not just say "it will come when it comes". If you don't care about talking about stuff like that why do you comment on here? Not being mean or anything just being truthful. 

I think you are just being mean now. I come on here because I am a lonely miserable old git.

and my pleasure comes in many forms.

this is just six of them

?

2 hours ago, MAbrey said:

Just a query, are there many thefts and stuff at this festival, just thinking of taking a nice cool box to store food and cold beer in...... Just a bit paranoid about it being robbed? And advise, or tips would be blooming marvellous 

Can never say anything will be 100% safe at a festival as there’s always the odd arsehole around, but I think IoW is better than average for that 

9 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Does anyone think Don Broco could appear? They are around in June and the Big Top is still awaiting acts and so is Thursday. That would be a dream if so. 

No reason why not as they have no announced dates then. There’s nothing to say they will either though!