Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

1 hour ago, sisco said:

5CE42B69-CE00-4513-BC56-3A5EC64EC3B0.png

Personally take Courteeners out and most of Saturday and I think that's decent for £175. Also now people can stop with over estimating how high IDLES will play.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

So IOW has turned into a mid sized festival now (with the likes of Kendal, RiZE, Victorious etc..)

Always going to happen.

Like in all honesty, IoW fest has got a lot smaller compared to what it used to be but that doesn't mean the line up is bad. There are a good few acts on there that are worth seeing. I love Biffy so that's a massive bonus for me, Ezra seems like he could be good fun, Noel will be alright. Then you have the likes of Fat Boy Slim which be class. Give it a chance :) If it's not your sort of line up then simply don't go but just because the fest is getting smaller doesn't mean it won't be a good weekend. Its what you make of it really. Booze and fuck tones of Greggs sausage rolls! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Havors said:

Frigging hell where do you live?? US or Australia or something?? 

£2k to go to a festival means you are doing it wrong if you are from the country it is in. 

Tickets (2), ferry, hotel (3 nights, possibly 4 if we travel Thursday evening), fuel, crap festival food, crap festival beer, decent food and beer away from the fest, time off work (2 days) for two of us...

Time off is the killer. Both self-employed

3 minutes ago, galbani said:

Tickets (2), ferry, hotel (3 nights, possibly 4 if we travel Thursday evening), fuel, crap festival food, crap festival beer, decent food and beer away from the fest, time off work (2 days) for two of us...

I'd be going somewhere else. 

3 times.

12 minutes ago, galbani said:

Well the festival is not whats going to cost you from what it seems... its the losing money from work. You will have the same problem with anything you do in that regards.

I wouldn't do a hotel for a festival, miss out on one of the best parts of a festival...

Cost me about £400 all in last year and that was with paying for pink moon camping and driving down from Liverpool 

Edited by Havors

14 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Like in all honesty, IoW fest has got a lot smaller compared to what it used to be but that doesn't mean the line up is bad. There are a good few acts on there that are worth seeing. I love Biffy so that's a massive bonus for me, Ezra seems like he could be good fun, Noel will be alright. Then you have the likes of Fat Boy Slim which be class. Give it a chance :) If it's not your sort of line up then simply don't go but just because the fest is getting smaller doesn't mean it won't be a good weekend. Its what you make of it really. Booze and fuck tones of Greggs sausage rolls! 

Thats what i say there are some acts here that i really look forward to seeing ,others not so much.

I actually prefer KT to Noel but i guess most would not agree.

Biffy i will be sure to catch.

I see nothing but a good weekend about it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

I'd be going somewhere else. 

3 times.

A more local festival would mean no lost time from work - IoW is a good 8h from home to the hotel, because of the ferry.

Hotel is a must - too old to tent it now. It'll happen to you... one day.

Local fest would still be in the order of £900 - tickets / fuel / food / hotel / beer. 

It's a great weekend, very friendly, nice people, usually very good weather, all very pleasant. Would have liked a better line-up but hey-ho.

I think I'll be booking the ferry this week... It's only money

11 minutes ago, galbani said:

A more local festival would mean no lost time from work - IoW is a good 8h from home to the hotel, because of the ferry.

Hotel is a must - too old to tent it now. It'll happen to you... one day.

Local fest would still be in the order of £900 - tickets / fuel / food / hotel / beer. 

It's a great weekend, very friendly, nice people, usually very good weather, all very pleasant. Would have liked a better line-up but hey-ho.

I think I'll be booking the ferry this week... It's only money

Have you thought of going abroad?