Isle of Wight 2019 Festival

galbani

8 hours ago, SeasideMac said:

2019 will be our 1st IOW Festival. 

What's it like getting back to the harbour on the Monday morning? Is it chaotic?

Thinking of staying over ssomewhere for an extra night and travelling back Tues. Is it worth it?

It’s ok but don’t rush, go on foot and if you have a car leave it on the mainland or best of all at home.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they do Wembley on the Saturday, so it looks very unlikely.

could do iow if london day before but more likely glasto .with muse in russia  sat unlikely iow. eagles are good shout legends slot sund arctics sat and courteeners  fri (warm up for heaton park sat) with flo joint headliner fri

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they do Wembley on the Saturday, so it looks very unlikely.

let's not forget too as well, they will likely add another Wembley for Friday or Sunday after the first sells in about 2 mins.

I'm unsure they would play Glastonbury without headlining it which surely they  would have to do?

On 11/6/2018 at 7:17 AM, galbani said:

Are you driving or on foot?

If driving - you have a slot. They don't like you there too early (limited space) and if you're late you might struggle to get on. They put you on the next available but they are pretty rammed...

On foot. We've decided to stay an extra night in Newport and travel back on the Tuesday 

No problem then. The rush will be over.

On another note....

Wednesday we went to see the Hot House Flowers.... fantastic evening. Soul, Rock, Ballads, bit of Jazz.

I think they'd go down a storm at the IoW.

Caravan Palace also. That would be nice.

Lead singer is cute as a kitten...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Yep, December 4th we got the first announcement last year. 

Guess we will see something similar this year too. 

Lets hope so. Really unsure on what headliners we could get this year. Not heavy rumours in my opinion. I'm also hoping they will announce all headliners like last year in one go. 

7 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Really unsure on what headliners we could get this year. Not heavy rumours in my opinion.

Heavy rumours circulating on the Island that The Eagles are booked for one night.

Not sure on the others. Arctic Monkeys? Muse?