Could Florence play next year

swede

She's got a new album coming out and will be touring, she also loves the festival and would probably be there even if she isn't booked to play.

If she does want to play where would she play though ? If things had gone according to plan in 2015 she would have subbed Foo's and would be in line to headline next year, but as we all know that didn't happen so I don't think they'd have her back as a Pyramid headliner so soon. Do we think she'd take a sub pyramid slot underneath a mega headliner, or do a secret set in John Peel.

Whatever happens I personally think she'll play in some capacity.

I'm biased towards the band and have loved them since early on and want to say absolutely bring them back for next year :)But like you say if she had subbed in 2015 this would of been her year but getting the bump up has lowered her chances.

I do think she does deserve her own headline announcement and not just off the back of a cancellation. Not that it wasn't amazing thing to happen for her but just be ace to know she's headlining from the get-go.

A Secret JP Set could also be a good shout also!

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Florence has just sold out an arena tour and i imagine the album will do well

I could see her headlining next year without issue. Saying that, i could also see her as an IOW or Latitude exclusive. Even Reading maybe

She'll definitely headline a major festival next summer, it just won't be Glastonbury.

IOW and TRNSMT would be my bet.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I think she'll come around again quicker than people might be thinking, to give her a headline slot on her own basis (rather than stepping up due to cancelation).

Other than Pulp - where their bump up coincided with an uptick in the their fortunes between the original booking and the festival, married with them pulling off a pretty seminal performance - has a bumped up performer returned to headline so soon afterwards? 

Nobody springs to mind for me.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Other than Pulp - where their bump up coincided with an uptick in the their fortunes between the original booking and the festival, married with them pulling off a pretty seminal performance - has a bumped up performer returned to headline so soon afterwards? 

Nobody springs to mind for me.

but other than those two , as far as I can remember there hasn't really been anyone bumped into the headline slot who might be considered a headliner in their own right.

(I can remember david gray and kula shaker ended up in headline slots as fill-ins, but neither would have been realistically considered for headliner in their own right).

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but other than those two , as far as I can remember there hasn't really been anyone bumped into the headline slot who might be considered a headliner in their own right.

(I can remember david gray and kula shaker ended up in headline slots as fill-ins, but neither would have been realistically considered for headliner in their own right).

Not unless you count T-Rex, of course ;)

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not really relevant as Michael didn't book another line-up until 1979.

Well yeah, the winky face was supposed to communicate that T-Rex not being bumped up a couple of years later to a non-existent festival wasn't really relevant to the discussion.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
wrote "relevant" rather than "later"

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well yeah, the winky face was supposed to communicate that T-Rex not being bumped up a couple of years later to a non-existent festival wasn't really relevant to the discussion.

Those emojis are never quite specific enough are they. 

• Upvote 1