So how much truth is there in this Madonna rumour?

bexj

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

She did coachella

Sort of? As best as I can tell, she did a 30-minute set in the "dance tent" back in 2006. As such, the setlist isn't much of an indicator of what to expect for a headline set at Glastonbury.

On the other hand, she apparently played a well-received set of "club hits", so it seems she did adjust her setlist to fit her audience on that occasion.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:27 PM, fatyeti24 said:

She did the Radio 1 Big Weekend too, about a decade ago.  Which doesn't count for much but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I seem to remember that being pretty poor,  then when the show finished and they cut back to the studio the poor presenters had to rave about it.

Sorry for diversion but just had to say that every time I open this thread I expect it to be about some one else.  Would be an interesting gig for sure.  Anyway apologies, carry on. 

032CCE0D-EE92-4032-BC93-DACA5682EE76.jpeg

BC2E7E20-3166-4440-875D-6E0A9A173F31.jpeg

• Like 1

looks like we might be hearing lots more about the Maradona rumour over the next few days .... might need to bring him out of retirement ... although if u wanted any.... I know where i would head for a plentiful supply of illegal substances apparently he used to hide it in his balls :) 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Saw a bit of her recent shows on the telly the other night. It's unsurprisingly a no from me.

It's an odd one...if she came out, engaged with the crowd and simply ploughed through 30 years of hits it could be a great gig.....however if she expects to win over the field with her tawdry overblown theatrics and set piece antics it'll be as dull as the cowsh*t on the ground. 

Also seen her twice, late 80s at Wembley Stadium  and 1990 Blonde Ambition tour in Toronto, both times were ace.

Nearly 30 years later I’m not so sure she’d blow me away, however it would be rammed; I’d be there.

Glastonbury Festival 2019 rumours: Madonna speculation grows as Jo Whiley makes off-the-cuff remark on BBC Radio 2 But if the odds are correct it will be Kendrick Lamar, Elton John and Fleetwood Mac headlining the three main days of Glasto 2019.

We have a feeling there'll be a twist yet, though.

See the full odds below

Paddy Power’s Glastonbury 2019 headliner odds

Kendrick Lamar – 1/5
Elton John – 1/2
Fleetwood Mac – 2/1
ABBA – 5/1
Arctic Monkeys – 4/1
The Stone Roses – 12/1
Taylor Swift – 12/1
The Strokes – 14/1
Led Zeppelin – 14/1

No Madonna but I saw her at 2/1 so I'm guessing she will be on the bill and I reckon she'd probably have the biggest ever crowd... She'd definitely put on a show. 

Now I know if led zep played then you would need all of row mead but tbh no one REALLY expects them to play......... Do they.... 

Edited by guypjfreak

33 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Glastonbury Festival 2019 rumours: Madonna speculation grows as Jo Whiley makes off-the-cuff remark on BBC Radio 2 But if the odds are correct it will be Kendrick Lamar, Elton John and Fleetwood Mac headlining the three main days of Glasto 2019.

See the full odds below

Kendrick Lamar – 1/5
Elton John – 1/2
Fleetwood Mac – 2/1
ABBA – 5/1
Arctic Monkeys – 4/1
The Stone Roses – 12/1
Taylor Swift – 12/1
The Strokes – 14/1
Led Zeppelin – 14/1

No Madonna but I saw her at 2/1 so I'm guessing she will be on the bill and I reckon she'd probably have the biggest ever crowd... She'd definitely put on a show. 

Now I know if led zep played then you would need all of row mead but tbh no one REALLY expects them to play......... Do they.... 

Got a link to the current odds on any of the betting sites? I’m struggling to find them just keep getting news stories about it and not the actual site to place the bet...

56 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

See the full odds below

Kendrick Lamar – 1/5
Elton John – 1/2
Fleetwood Mac – 2/1
ABBA – 5/1
Arctic Monkeys – 4/1
The Stone Roses – 12/1
Taylor Swift – 12/1
The Strokes – 14/1
Led Zeppelin – 14/1

There's no chance - for all sorts of reasons, predominantly the fact that they no longer exist as an active band and there's very little prospect of that happening.

I'd treat that whole list with caution - Zeppelin and ABBA can be ruled out completely which to me casts doubt on the rest of them. That's not to say that 1, 2 or even 3 of that lot might headline, but I wouldn't take it as read that the top 3 of that lot are yer men.

I'd quite like to see old Reg on the farm, but not as headliner - smacks of an IOW, Rod Stewart type booking.

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Got a link to the current odds on any of the betting sites? I’m struggling to find them just keep getting news stories about it and not the actual site to place the bet...

You can get the odds whether you can bet I'm not sure.. I don't bet. Lol. This is from paddy power but most are the same.... G