So how much truth is there in this Madonna rumour?

bexj

19 minutes ago, bexj said:

Its all over facebook and just seen a link to it on the Daily Fail. 

Is it just ME doing his usual casual chatter? 

God, Tday will be carnage.... 

I'll put money on it that it's a story that got written after I tweeted a link to the line-up page here yesterday. 

Whether there anything to Madge i've little idea, tho Emily did start following her on instagram or twitter or something not so long ago.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

also on the case, although the it's The Sun who claim to have a 'source' that it's happening.

it all goes back to that Sun 'quote'.

That just so happened to appear shortly after I tweeted a link to the rumours page here.

I know with certainty (contacts in the same biz!) that most of the 'quotes' that tabloids have about these sorts of things are almost always something they've made up to justify a story based on another trigger.

So I can't see it as anything but made-up bollocks.
(made-up bollocks that might happen to be right mind you, cos of Emily's recent-ish following of Madge).

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Amazingly, wasnt the Sun one of those that always had a suprisingly good track record when it came to predicting headliners?

like everyone in the 'rumour' business, sometimes you have decent sources and sometimes you don't.

The Sun's record isn't any better than anywhere else tabloid.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Were there complaints about last year's headliners?  I mean, it was a bit of a sausagefest, but it was still pretty strong.

Seems to be the thing now if Glastonbury don't have a female headliner some of the media feel the need to make a point of it 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So I can't see it as anything but made-up bollocks.
(made-up bollocks that might happen to be right mind you, cos of Emily's recent-ish following of Madge).

Oh aye. It's all weasel words.  Madonna is "being lined up".  Basically, it's just saying that she's on the wish list, which you'd have to assume was the case anyway.

Well this is one of her last setlists by the looks of things... Not entirely sure i'll be there for her to be honest.

1. Joan of Arc / Samurai
  2. Revolution
    (video intro; with "Iconic" snippets)
  3. (with "Vogue" snippet)
  4. Rockabilly Meets Tokyo
  5. Messiah
    (video interlude)
  6. (acoustic)
  7. (with "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" snippet)
  8. (with "Heartbeat" sample)
  9. Latin / Gypsy
  10. S.E.X.
    (video interlude; with " more )
  11. (with "Into the Groove" and "Lucky Star" snippets)
  12. Party / Flapper
  13. Illuminati
    (video interlude)
  14. (with "Give It 2 Me" sample)
  15. (performed a cappella in the more )
  16. (Édith Piaf cover) (acoustic)
  17. (Jule Styne cover) (a cappella snippet)
  18. Encore:

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

So potentially click-bait then but coincidentally substantiated by recent Twitter activity now perhaps significantly withdrawn...

Do the bookers manufacture this publicity sometimes for a headliner they are interested in just to see if they'll bite?

I'd assume not given that excessive advance speculation might have been what gave Prince cold feet 

Hopefully zero truth in this - not a fan at all.

First post back for at least a year or so, good to be back. This time last year I had to have an emergency operation for my hernia (actually that was in May) and I didn't have Glasto tickets (which turned out to be a good thing) so I stopped posting. Then I forgot Efests existed. Now I'm back having realised this weekend past would have been G Time!

Here's hoping for a) tickets next year and b) a Madonna free Glasto