First Timer Festival goer - practical advice sought

RonniePhosphate

Hello

As first timers (at the age of 59) at a Festival, (but seasoned outdoors types), I have some practical questions/advice requests. 

- Best time to arrive Friday (we are only over the other end of the A66 so normally takes 60-80 mins to there).. planning on being there for about 10:30am

- Quietest (likely) Camp ground...?

-  Do I need to borrow / buy  a Sack trolley or barrow to transport the tent / food / in one go etc?

- or are multiple trips practical / (ie is the car park miles away) - I assume that's permitted to go back to your car ?

- I have Coeliac disease so need to eat Gluten free (basically I can't eat bread and a few other staples) -  what's the food like there ?

- any other practical advice is greatly welcomed.

14 hours ago, RonniePhosphate said:

Hello

As first timers (at the age of 59) at a Festival, (but seasoned outdoors types), I have some practical questions/advice requests. 

- Best time to arrive Friday (we are only over the other end of the A66 so normally takes 60-80 mins to there).. planning on being there for about 10:30am

- Quietest (likely) Camp ground...?

-  Do I need to borrow / buy  a Sack trolley or barrow to transport the tent / food / in one go etc?

- or are multiple trips practical / (ie is the car park miles away) - I assume that's permitted to go back to your car ?

- I have Coeliac disease so need to eat Gluten free (basically I can't eat bread and a few other staples) -  what's the food like there ?

- any other practical advice is greatly welcomed.

Friday arrival earlier the better

Easy rule for camping in the main areas, the further left you go as you look at from the main gate the quieter the camping area

Yes trolley a great idea but you can do multiple trips

Food is wide and varied, both the Indian and Seychelles food stand will also cook to order if you mention you coeliac

1 hour ago, RonniePhosphate said:

many thanks. the farthest left advice is appreciated!
Our daughter advised that using a plastic sledge (she did this at Leeds apparently) is not a bad idea provided there wasn't gravel paths

I wouldn't use a sledge but maybe others disagree?? 

Go as far left as you feel comfortable with, you will be fine! To the right just has an 8-10ft haze above it of weed, jizz and Chlamydia, always chocca though so appeals to some! 

9 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

All change in the camping areas this year dear lodge moved pre pitched tents in there place lots of other stuff moved . You will have to wait for the map to give sound advice I would suggest.

Preparation for extending the capacity next year perhaps?

29 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I’m all for the increase brother if it means we get better artists along the way ! Prince , Bowie and Amy winehouse would be my prediction.

not too far from a couple of years back when Frank Turder died on the main stage!