Chairs and blankets on the main arena

What is with having all those chairs and blankets on the main arena right up to the front of the stage? Little groups of people picnicking when the headlining acts are on. I can see it during the day but not during the evening. And none of them have the common sense to move their stuff and pack up when it is wall to wall people. 

Maybe it is just me but the crowd moves around and pushes too much rather then paying attention to the music. 

And lastly- why no viewing platforms for wheelchairs and similar. They are in amongst the crowd and I feel they could be indire straits should a panic happen.  

Edited by JacquelineS

I have to admit I’m a chair person, however I never set it up forward of the sound desk and it’s usually just me or me and the wife, the bigger issue is large groups of chairs and picnic blankets with nobody using them but whose owners give you evils if even your toes touch it whilst trying to negotiate around it.

id not go to any festival that banned chairs completely, partly on principle but also because having to stand up all day for 3 or 4 days is not my idea of fun, however I do think there should be no chair or blanket areas, basically forward of the sound desk, and all chairs need to be folded up when it gets dark.

for last years Glastonbury I switched to using one of those 3 leg camping stools and standing the most part but using the stool when I needed a break. However that’s a much more mobile festival than IOW which is essentially a 2 stage festival, people basically camp at the main stage and occasionally dash off to catch an act at the big top.

I do believe that having chairs towards the back is fine since the age diversity is great and there are families there but up front and especially when the headliners come on there should be no chairs or blankets especially up front. The Festival is just too crowded to allow that much real estate to be taken up plus it does pose a bit of a hazard I think. 

Oh and The Killers...um killed it tonight. Plus it was the first time the crowd was not annoying. I mean there was the usual shenanigans which is all good. But they were settled in and stayed put. Probably because the crowd was so dense but the band was awesome as well.  Oh there were fireworks too!

Edited by JacquelineS