This time last year I was....

One Tonne Baby

well I was stuck in a Intensive Care Unit at the Royal Free Hospital Hampstead I was under constant watch by two nurses 24/7 who did not leave me alone - blood pressure test every two hours - blood samples taken every four bloody hours - look on the left near my hand that cable with what appears to be blood - in fact it is blood - I had four drain pipes connected to me so that meant I could not get out of bed - only up side was morphine injections every four hours - the only bloody year I have missed since Glasto 1979 and I was looking forward to watching it on TV but due to all the machines there was no TV set and no Smartphones allowed so I missed the whole thing. I don't make a good patient but thanks to the Nursing staff and the expertise of the Surgeons the Operation was a success but for me it was sods law it was Glasto week.

551279.thumb.jpg.164adb193d8e25f6304d5c5907742a31.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I think me and @amfy were dancing on tables by this time on the Wednesday... I'd had gin-inna-tin for breakfast and had carried on, so I was bladdered, frankly :D

A video of me 'Going Live' on FB came up on my memories yesterday - me 'talking to myself' about 5 minutes before I met you!

it was a good afternoon/evening/night/morning wasn't it?

10 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

well I was stuck in a Intensive Care Unit at the Royal Free Hospital Hampstead I was under constant watch by two nurses 24/7 who did not leave me alone - blood pressure test every two hours - blood samples taken every four bloody hours - look on the left near my hand that cable with what appears to be blood - in fact it is blood - I had four drain pipes connected to me so that meant I could not get out of bed - only up side was morphine injections every four hours - the only bloody year I have missed since Glasto 1979 and I was looking forward to watching it on TV but due to all the machines there was no TV set and no Smartphones allowed so I missed the whole thing. I don't make a good patient but thanks to the Nursing staff and the expertise of the Surgeons the Operation was a success but for me it was sods law it was Glasto week.

551279.thumb.jpg.164adb193d8e25f6304d5c5907742a31.jpg

Ah bless old son... Hope you are better this year 

PS bet that's an AAA band you have on.. Lol. G

Edited by guypjfreak

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

...Absolutely hammered and bellowing along to Radiohead!

This. About half way through I had a massive moment and slightly lost my shit. Started to see the field emptying and all these ethereal creatures walking through. Was a lot of fun when I came out the other side! 

On 6/22/2018 at 10:54 PM, guypjfreak said:

Ah bless old son... Hope you are better this year 

PS bet that's an AAA band you have on.. Lol. G

funny enough no it was not a AAA band - I also had one round my ankle

at first they tried to put it on my left ankle but seeing that was the side they would have to amputate if the operation went wrong I advised them to place it on my right ankle 

its a very weird experience being on a ward of 48 people and over a period of time about 38 to 40 had a foot or leg amputated - they all had what is called PAD {Peripheral artery disease} in my case the first artery bypass blocked so they had me in for a bigger Operation and if that did not go well ' they were intending to chop off my left leg '

lucky for me it did go well but it may take a few more years before I may be able to walk normally - its a long process.

a shot a day before I was discharged - I now use a walking stick

I do my first WBC work next weekend at Finsbury park ' although I wont be running about 'should be able to wangle a MDU { it pours 12 pints at a time } which will cut down my walking.

will be back at Glasto next year although will have to get a lift on a supply buggie to reach anywhere.

15_o.thumb.jpg.3e765b594e8404f2fb854f466ed868b7.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 3

Well in the spirit of the weekend I'm Sat in a field drinking cider and probably going to get sunstroke under this heat. Amazing weather for Glastonbury I must say. Hope you are all having a good one 

10 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

funny enough no it was not a AAA band - I also had one round my ankle

at first they tried to put it on my left ankle but seeing that was the side they would have to amputate if the operation went wrong I advised them to place it on my right ankle 

its a very weird experience being on a ward of 48 people and over a period of time about 38 to 40 had a foot or leg amputated - they all had what is called PAD {Peripheral artery disease} in my case the first artery bypass blocked so they had me in for a bigger Operation and if that did not go well ' they were intending to chop off my left leg '

lucky for me it did go well but it may take a few more years before I may be able to walk normally - its a long process.

a shot a day before I was discharged - I now use a walking stick

I do my first WBC work next weekend at Finsbury park ' although I wont be running about 'should be able to wangle a MDU { it pours 12 pints at a time } which will cut down my walking.

will be back at Glasto next year although will have to get a lift on a supply buggie to reach anywhere.

15_o.thumb.jpg.3e765b594e8404f2fb854f466ed868b7.jpg

Nice to put a face to your familiar name. 

You do look like God!