Where’s old school rave / techno / dance music?

johnny-yen

Hi. I’m not massively into this genre of music but can’t seem to find any decent dance music at KC. I’ve gone through the line up at Glow Tent and it seems to be full of either DJ sets or drum n bass.

Can anyone suggest any acts for a couple of old ravers please?

Edited by johnny-yen

19 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

Hi. I’m not massively into this genre of music but can’t seem to find any decent dance music at KC. I’ve gone through the line up at Glow Tent and it seems to be full of either DJ sets or drum n bass.

Can anyone suggest any acts for a couple of old ravers please?

there isnt any really you get some in the house party tent but hard to tell when

53 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

there isnt any really you get some in the house party tent but hard to tell when

It is strange that KC features a lot of bands from the 90’s but no electronica from that era too. There must be plenty of others from that demographic, like me, that like both. 

• 2 weeks later...

If there is an old school rave going on anywhere then I'll be the one jumping around like an idiot at the front of the crowd! 

Dave Haslam is playing the House Party, I know that he's capable of playing some good old school house tunes although that is from seeing him DJing in Manchester many years ago; I don't know what kind of a set he plays at KC?

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Haslam does indeed play an old school set most years. 

There were some DJ's playing 90's Club Classics on the Caravetti stage late on last year.

Kendal have had 808 State and Mint Royale in the past but that type of booking is few and far between.

It does seem odd when there are groups like Orbital headlining Beat Herder , Underworld and Chemical Brothers headlining Bluedot , that Kendal cant'/dont book this type. They'd clearly be more popular draws than a lot of the acts this year.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:58 AM, Radgie Gadgie said:

Dave Haslam does indeed play an old school set most years. 

There were some DJ's playing 90's Club Classics on the Caravetti stage late on last year.

Kendal have had 808 State and Mint Royale in the past but that type of booking is few and far between.

It does seem odd when there are groups like Orbital headlining Beat Herder , Underworld and Chemical Brothers headlining Bluedot , that Kendal cant'/dont book this type. They'd clearly be more popular draws than a lot of the acts this year.

Completely agree. I think the organisers are missing a big trick.