Pumpkins??

Zoo Music Girl

14 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

If Pumpkins are going to play I really hope they're headlining somewhere, I can't be arsed for talkers all set.

Talkers go to headline sets too mate.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Come to Download so you can experience that with added stench.

Tool day at Download smellin like Post Malone's post-gig taint.

Pumpkins headlining Other one night would be awesome (assuming it'd be Stormzy night). Them on the Pyramid would also be great although I imagine they wouldn't get the best crowd there, especially if they're on before Liam G and Stormzy. 

Didn't think they were at all a possibility so pleased that it looks like it could happen (and I won't make the same stupid mistake of missing them this time). Just keep the new stuff to a bare minimum aye?

38 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sigur Ros, James Blake and Floating Points were all pepped full of talkers. Do you ever just wish everybody else would fuck off and die?

I was ready to throttle the two twats in front of me at Radiohead who spent the first half of the set loudly complaining about the lack of hits. It got infinitely better after the fucked off.

41 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sigur Ros, James Blake and Floating Points were all pepped full of talkers. Do you ever just wish everybody else would fuck off and die?

Yes. Yes I do. I no longer have any qualms about asking such people to hush a bit.

This is also why I go to gigs solo. People insist on talking to me. Stop it.

20 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I just can't see it happening. Can't see his ego coping with the small fee he'd get for a subbing slot. Shame though as would love it. 

He’s played Glastonbury twice (and agreed to play it another time) and none of them were headline slots.

WPC’s ego is fed by an adoring crowd rather than good pay - the last time he was boasting about how he ‘showed the other bands not to fuck with the Smashing Pumpkins’ or some w*nk so I can see him being happy to come back.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He’s played Glastonbury twice (and agreed to play it another time) and none of them were headline slots.

WPC’s ego is fed by an adoring crowd rather than good pay - the last time he was boasting about how he ‘showed the other bands not to fuck with the Smashing Pumpkins’ or some w*nk so I can see him being happy to come back.

Awesome. Hope so..

Yeah, they subbed the Other Stage in 2013 so it's not as if he'd give a shit about being moved up a slot. They're also subbing Download too. I think the whole "Billy Corgan's ego" thing is a tad overexaggerated anyway.

Pumpkins, The Streets and The Prodigy would be a very solid set of headliners.

Edited by VCK

On 11/26/2018 at 6:28 PM, FloorFiller said:

Pumpkins headlining Other one night would be awesome (assuming it'd be Stormzy night). Them on the Pyramid would also be great although I imagine they wouldn't get the best crowd there, especially if they're on before Liam G and Stormzy. 

Didn't think they were at all a possibility so pleased that it looks like it could happen (and I won't make the same stupid mistake of missing them this time). Just keep the new stuff to a bare minimum aye?

The new stuff is actually not too bad

On 10/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, JSmurphy said:

That couldn't have been any better. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans :wub:. I would absolutely love to see them headline a festival.

IMG_20181017_092113_450.thumb.jpg.e9b36673218ba543b132658641aa8215.jpg

I saw them headline Leeds in 2007. They were...well, I suppose good. Not disappointing, not mindblowing, just satisfying really.

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Billy Corgan's European solo tour runs from 17th-25th June with a final date on 8th July. Baring in mind Pumpkins are doing Open'er on 4th July I feel it's very likely that there might be some sort of appearance at Glastonbury this year.

Not an exclusive at Download and would be perfect for the Friday rock slot so really hoping this is a goer despite his earlier comments about having a gap between legs of the tour. Even with the inevitable couple of new songs they’d play the setlist would be wall to wall bangers (to me, anyway... I’m sure a large portion of the crowd would be pretty indifferent).

We had any other likely candidates for this slot pop up or are these a new front runner?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Not an exclusive at Download and would be perfect for the Friday rock slot so really hoping this is a goer despite his earlier comments about having a gap between legs of the tour. Even with the inevitable couple of new songs they’d play the setlist would be wall to wall bangers (to me, anyway... I’m sure a large portion of the crowd would be pretty indifferent).

We had any other likely candidates for this slot pop up or are these a new front runner?

I doubt Emily Eavis was referring to a Billy Corgan solo slot being the rock slot. SP are on hols during Glastonbury time so we're only getting Billy if anything. He might just be acoustic too. 

I'd love SP but just can't see it happening in the middle of a solo tour.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I reckon so. Can't think of many other places to put them unless they're on before an Other headliner.