Bime Live 2018

-lele-

Really enjoyed Bilbao when visiting for BBK last year so decided to give it a go. Another great find through the forums hopefully. Seems great value for money just for those acts already announced. Not one I've heard of before so would be interested in any previous experiences. 

i've been twice and for me it was great....it's basically a mix of electronic and rock music, with few big names plus some spanish locals:

in 2016 the big names were Chemical Brothers, Moderat, PJ Harvey, Suede

in 2017 there were the Prodigy, Franz Ferdinand, Royal Blood, Ride, Orbital, Kiasmos, Vitalic, Mano Le Tough, and others..

the venue is in a big conference hall, and there are two big stages, one next to each other...so no clash between acts.

an other small room is for the djs till early in the morning

you can reach the arena by metro

inside the festival, you have a wristband where you can charge money, so it's totally cashless...plastic glasses with deposit....wardrobe at the entrance is for free or within few euros.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, -lele- said:

i've been twice and for me it was great....it's basically a mix of electronic and rock music, with few big names plus some spanish locals:

in 2016 the big names were Chemical Brothers, Moderat, PJ Harvey, Suede

in 2017 there were the Prodigy, Franz Ferdinand, Royal Blood, Ride, Orbital, Kiasmos, Vitalic, Mano Le Tough, and others..

the venue is in a big conference hall, and there are two big stages, one next to each other...so no clash between acts.

an other small room is for the djs till early in the morning

you can reach the arena by metro

inside the festival, you have a wristband where you can charge money, so it's totally cashless...plastic glasses with deposit....wardrobe at the entrance is for free or within few euros.

Thanks, great to hear. It was a similar system at BBK last year in terms of being able to charge your wristband and I found it really easy to use (almost too easy, but I can't blame the system for how much I spent!).

Already quite a few acts I'd be keen to see (Aphex Twin, MGMT, Editors, Jon Hopkins, Slowdive, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and RBCF), will definitely check out a few others like Kurt Vile and Stephen Malkmus. Anything else they announce will then be a nice bonus.

It was a similar system at BBK last year in terms of being able to charge your wristband and I found it really easy to use (almost too easy, but I can't blame the system for how much I spent!).

yes, I had teh same feelings...easy to pay = easy to throw money away ?

there will surely be an other release of big names and others...don't know if on half of July with the upgrade of the price, or maybe later..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 10:27 AM, -lele- said:

check also other airports in the nearby area such as Vitoria-Gasteiz, Santander(1 hour by bus)... or Zaragoza (3 and a half hours by bus)

I checked these but not much difference in price really.

Manchester - Bilbao direct was £220 last time I checked ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 3:37 PM, ConorC said:

Are there expected to be more additions to the lineup? The posters from other years are laid out differently with the day splits so was wondering if we have more to come before the final poster with day splits, or do we reckon the current poster is final?

I think (and hope) there will probably be few adds and the final definition of the two days

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2018 at 12:28 PM, YunT said:

I'm guessing something like CHVRCHES for that last remaining big spot and then some few smaller names like Villagers. 

Pitchfork Paris is really close and they've been sharing some acts for a while. 

Blood Orange would be one I'd love from Pitchfork Paris.

Shame about Fever Ray, I was looking forward to that after she pulled out of Sziget (also because of illness I think - hopefully it's nothing too serious).

So are we expecting one more big name and also one decent-sized name to replace Fever Ray too?

• 3 weeks later...